• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread, Robert McCray ('21) commits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the same boat you are. When it was Pitino and Petrino I had no respect for their coaches now with MacK and Satterfield I think they are blessed with two of the best coaches in the league looking into the future.

yes, I held out hope that Mack would end up in W-S but the timing was fucked. oh well, just glad for the change and have hope back!!

The only time we might have had a shot at Mack would have been when we hired Danny. When Skip died, it was going to be Battle or Dino. When Dino got fired, I seriously doubt he would have spit on his friend's image by taking the job. When we fucked the Shaka deal, Mack might have been possible, but it would have been a hard sell.

Is there any evidence that we “fucked the Shaka deal” or is this like the Goodman contract detail farce?

...derail incoming. See y'all in 5 pages.

I guess it's a stupid question, but I also want to make sure that there is a shred of substantiation when a poster makes an assertion like that on this thread.

What an absolute idiot! The Goodman farce? Multiple posters CONFIRMED that. Hell, Strickland was kissing DG3's butt after DG3 confirmed my info, but Strickland is such a scumbag that he keeps lying about it.

Get some mental health help. You desperately need it.

As already stated - here we go. People have been doing a good job keeping this thread on recruiting - let's keep it there. There are lots of folks on this board - many of them coming back after years. Let's keep the conversation on topic. Thanks in advance.

I've said what I have to say. Talk to Strickland he came out of the blue.

Last edited:
It seems we're going to have a ton of 6'5-6'8 wings. I wonder if part of Forbes' -5 out- is played as a 1-3-1 offense with a PG, three wings and a big to set picks and get boards.

As already stated - here we go. People have been doing a good job keeping this thread on recruiting - let's keep it there. There are lots of folks on this board - many of them coming back after years. Let's keep the conversation on topic. Thanks in advance.

I just want to make sure if we're going to be leveling allegations of "fucking a hire" on this thread that there is some substantiation. I was correct in that there isn't, so it's just a baseless rumor. I'd prefer not to let this thread become a place where we peddle baseless rumors, especially because this thread now shows up in public Google searches. Trust me, I'm very much dedicated to keeping this thread on topic - I spend a lot of time in to keeping that first post current - and appreciate the relative sanity exhibited on here lately.

Last edited:
Is there any evidence that we “fucked the Shaka deal” or is this like the Goodman contract detail farce?

LAIR. That info came from someone who has known SHAKA's agent for many, many years and knows SHAKA. So far everything he has said has been true. We had SHAKA, but Hatch FUCKED it. The part of the deal was giving SHAKA's wife full professorship position. She is graduated from Harvard AND Northwestern. Hatch reneged on promise at last minute thinking SHAKA would take money anyway. The insult was too great. In addition to fuck up with his wife, SHAKA wasn't all that happy to have to come in and lose for 2-3 years, but would have tried. Hatch really FUCKED that one up. Hatch FUCKING Shaka was ALMOST bad as classless orca-fat internet douches like ChrisL who ATTACKED Shaka's wife for pages and pages and pages. We really do have group of posters who have proven to be Hall of Fame douches. Wake was dream job for SHAKA. It's EVERYTHING he had wanted for years. It was small, quality, education, community, that he and his family could be a part of and top bball.

I've said what I have to say. Talk to Strickland he came out of the blue.

The only time we might have had a shot at Mack would have been when we hired Danny. When Skip died, it was going to be Battle or Dino. When Dino got fired, I seriously doubt he would have spit on his friend's image by taking the job. When we fucked the Shaka deal, Mack might have been possible, but it would have been a hard sell.

Can we just ban Strickland and RJ from each other?

RJ is free to post whatever he wants on any other thread. This is the thread that I maintain and I would prefer that he not post unsubstantiated rumors on here. I have asked him to refrain before, but here we are.

I don't think it's too much to ask for RJ to not post unsubstantiated rumors that cast Wake Forest basketball in a bad light on this thread.

If that is too much to ask, then (you and whoever else may think so) please let me know.

I just want to make sure if we're going to be leveling allegations of "fucking a hire" on this thread that there is some substantiation. I was correct in that there isn't, so it's just a baseless rumor. I'd prefer not to let this thread become a place where we peddle baseless rumors, especially because this thread now shows up in public Google searches. Trust me, I'm very much dedicated to keeping this thread on topic - I spend a lot of time in to keeping that first post current - and appreciate the relative sanity exhibited on here lately.
God forbid someone post a rumor on a message board.

RJ is free to post whatever he wants on any other thread. This is the thread that I maintain and I would prefer that he not post unsubstantiated rumors on here. I have asked him to refrain before, but here we are.

I don't think it's too much to ask for RJ to not post unsubstantiated rumors that cast Wake Forest basketball in a bad light on this thread.

If that is too much to ask, then (you and whoever else may think so) please let me know.

RJ ain’t going to change after 20+ years. Just put him on ignore.

It would be best if he were not allowed to post at all. But failing that, just ignore him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back