• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC game thread

I must say after a season and a half, I'm very surprised and pleased that Wellman hired a coach as emotional and passionate as Clawson.

Let's just hope the stat guy modeling guy doesn't try to downplay the win by badmouthing Clawson saying 'reasonable' utcome probabilities favored the safety twice as much as the punt

Positive spin, BC defense was giving up 140 yards a game coming in and we had 142, so there.:thumbsup:

I think our offense did change a little bit after we got the lead.

We only had one first down in the 25 minutes after the field goal. We got more conservative than we were even the first 35 minutes of the game. A good portion of the time that is going to bite you. But thankfully not today.

So what was the story with Wolford/Hinton? Wolford clearly wasn't 100% from what I could tell and Hinton got no run - Hinton unavailable?

I think our offense did change a little bit after we got the lead.

We only had one first down in the 25 minutes after the field goal. We got more conservative than we were even the first 35 minutes of the game. A good portion of the time that is going to bite you. But thankfully not today.

Its only due to luck and our defense that didn't bite us, they had great field position most of the 2nd half.

So what was the story with Wolford/Hinton? Wolford clearly wasn't 100% from what I could tell and Hinton got no run - Hinton unavailable?

Clawson said Hinton wasn't available, we've been pretty fortunate to have been able to keep the redshirt on Kearns so far.

Its only due to luck and our defense that didn't bite us, they had great field position most of the 2nd half.

It was due to two missed field goals, turnovers, and head-schratching end-of-game coaching decisions. Our defense played very well. So did theirs. We won the turnover/fuck up battle, barely.

This is the first time we've won two road games in a season since 2011

It was due to two missed field goals, turnovers, and head-schratching end-of-game coaching decisions. Our defense played very well. So did theirs. We won the turnover/fuck up battle, barely.

Yeah, I mentioned luck didn't I?

Huge game next week. Beat UNC, NC State and Louisville/Duke and we're going bowling!

FckVwls is more about showing how smart he thinks he is and not much at all about giving credit and celebrating Clawson's amazing progress with these young guys. 16 years on FB sidelines allows me to trust Clawson and his staff's hard work to keep these kids chances alive in each and every game they can.

We had a third and 3 with a minute left...you have to try to pick up the first down because if you do, the game is over. No coach is going to take a knee there

it was a minute left and they had zero timeouts. take a knee which would take 2-3 secs. so now there are 57 secs left with a 40 second running clock. so, 17 secs left. on fourth, let kinal run laterally along the back of the endzone and take the safety. Then kick it off with about 10-11 secs while they have no timeouts. just saying, that was an option too based on how the game had been going and their woeful offense.

Back