• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC game thread

I didn't realize we only had 5 1st downs all game. Yeesh.

Hines needs to be coached up too after fielding that punt and almost getting a safety.

That is very true. He broke one of the "rules" of fielding punts. If its going inside your 10 yard line, let it go and make the other team down it if they can, or, more probably, take the touchback when it goes into the endzone. The twenty yard line is a lot better place to play from than the 1 foot line. That happens and the rest of this discussion might not be happening. Run three plays from the 20, even if not a first down, kill most of the clock, Kinal punts and leaves them about 70 - 80 yards from a TD and who knows how far from a field goal try they might consider.

That is very true. He broke one of the "rules" of fielding punts. If its going inside your 10 yard line, let it go and make the other team down it if they can, or, more probably, take the touchback when it goes into the endzone. The twenty yard line is a lot better place to play from than the 1 foot line. That happens and the rest of this discussion might not be happening. Run three plays from the 20, even if not a first down, kill most of the clock, Kinal punts and leaves them about 70 - 80 yards from a TD and who knows how far from a field goal try they might consider.
That ball was pretty low and almost surely would've gone into the ends zone, bad mistake, but he's young and will learn.

Started this thread this am and started the "it was zero" chant AFTER the game was over and the refs were musing how they could get BC a field goal try as their kicker was on the field practicing. We won. Go Deacs.

Just watched the last play of the game again and while I'd have preferred a more comfortable ending where we don't fumble back to BC, it was cool that we stuffed their rush at the 1 to win the game. Great stand by the defense.

The difference is other teams know when Wolford is in they come after him and not worry about him killing them with his legs, but Hinton can. Maybe Wolford is the better thrower, but I think that is negated by the amount of pressure he's under almost every snap.
Hinton should start for here on. I hate to say it, but he is the better player.

Yeah, how anybody can say that Wolford is definitively the better Qb after Hinton's effort against FSU I just don't get. What has Wolford done on the field to deserve such deference?

Yeah, how anybody can say that Wolford is definitively the better Qb after Hinton's effort against FSU I just don't get. What has Wolford done on the field to deserve such deference?/

This. Hinton greatly helps our very weak OL by at least freezing (even for 1/10 of a second) the defense given his threat to run. I just don't think Wolford will ever give that dimension.

Plus, Wolford appears to really struggle seeing over the line in a traditional drop-back set. Being about 5 feet tall doesn't help.

Last edited:
This is a fun thread to read/re-read from start to finish. So many emotions.

CQ_TZ7tWUAAzBFw.jpg

This is perfect.

Hunter Williams demonstrated why it is so important to fight hard on every single play to defeat blocks and make tackles. His 2nd effort prevented the TD and preserved the win.

Hinton should start for here on. I hate to say it, but he is the better player.

I agree; Wolford disappointed me today. Kept thinking Clawson was going to insert Hinton since Wolford was unable to consistently move the offense.

Back