• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC game thread

The personal foul where we were thrown into the BC player and the Unsportsmanlike on Clawson were just egregious.

Also, when is holding going to be a penalty again?

Syracuse's D has proved to be pretty trash so that takes away some of the positives of Wolford's throwing performance in that game. And he still turned the ball over a bunch vs. them.

Still think I lean Wolford and he didn't have a chance today but I agree it's not an easy decision

The decision will continue to be made on the practice field, I imagine, and Clawson also has a big vested interest in keeping his guys healthy.

Hinton has performed better against better competition.

If we hadn't pushed FSU to the very end, I'd say this game proved nothing, but we forced a top ranked team to make a play to preserve their win.

As mentioned a bit earlier taking a knee on 3rd down would have taken the clock down from 1 min to 30 sec or less. Given our defense and kicking game I'd like to think we could keep them out of FG range considering the kicker couldn't make a 20 yard kick or so. BC has the top rated defense, they know they have to strip the ball to have a chance, running into the defense gives them that opportunity. Also, made me very nervous that we were basically handing the ball off in the end zone even when we had a little space.

We take a knee, run the play clock down to 1 sec. Set up for the punt, then run around the endzone for 10 sec or so. Punt from the 20, BC has 10-15 sec to either score a TD or get in FG position.

A win is a win but it doesn't change the fact that I feel like I need a tetanus shot after watching that game

Last edited:
how did BC get 18 first downs? I'm guessing some of those were due to penalties. It just seems a litttle high

The personal foul where we were thrown into the BC player and the Unsportsmanlike on Clawson were just egregious.

Also, when is holding going to be a penalty again?

It was a penalty against us. It cost Wolford a fifteen yard run and a big first down. The Fox announcer's acknowledged holding should have been called on BC several times but was just ignored. I really appreciate how hard these young men play and how they don't give up. I think we have some really good young talent including Wolford and Hinton and I'm excited as can be about the future of our program!!!

Coaching staff doesn't think there's a QB controversy in the least and I agree - again Wolford isn't at 100% nor does he really appear to be.

Coaching staff doesn't think there's a QB controversy in the least and I agree - again Wolford isn't at 100% nor does he really appear to be.

Yep, Clawson said Hinton was definitely out and Wolford is not 100% healthy so we just take this putrid looking win and get out of dodge

Well, if Wolford is the clear #1, can he lead us on a scoring drive at some point? Between the 2nd half of Cuse, some time in the Army game and this BC game we have 3 points to show for it on a possession that started inside the BC 10.

Well, if Wolford is the clear #1, can he lead us on a scoring drive at some point? Between the 2nd half of Cuse, some time in the Army game and this BC game we have 3 points to show for it on a possession that started inside the BC 10.

Wolford is so tough, keeps getting up and coming back and just sounds like a great teammate and kid. However, Hinton is just a lot better athlete and we need that with our Oline. Wolford is still the better thrower, but Hinton improved a lot throwing the ball from the Army game to the FSU game. Anyone that thinks Wolford is the much better QB right now is either blind or is named Wolford. The QB that gives us the best chance to wn should start and I not sure that isn't Hinton when he's healthy.

If we had a great O line and Wolford had time to sit in the pocket and pick teams apart it would be different, but we don't and the running threat Hinton provides makes a big difference.

Last edited:
But Hinton had a great OL against FSU so there really isn't an apples to apples comparison.

There should be no controversy. It is not close. Hinton is a much better QB for Wake at this point in time. The offense as a whole looks about 100% more efficient when Hinton is in the game. If Clawson cannot see that, I am concerned about his ability to input data and draw a conclusion.

There should be no controversy. It is not close. Hinton is a much better QB for Wake at this point in time. The offense as a whole looks about 100% more efficient when Hinton is in the game. If Clawson cannot see that, I am concerned about his ability to input data and draw a conclusion.

You're right. You don't watch any practice or game film but probably have a much better idea than our experienced football coach about which QB is better

Guys, the problem is that Hinton is hurt and can't run. Woffard is hurt and can't get his legs into his throws. All caused by a really poor OL. If that does not improve we will be down to our third string QB. We have to get and develop some OLinemen. Been a problem for about 5 years. I hope the staff brings in about 5 good OLinemen this year. The defense ought to get in the current linemen faces and tell them we need to score some points!

Back