• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC: Keys to victory

DeacAssured

Reaction score
In NIU's game, the BC offensive line appeared to wear down late in game to the quicker but smaller NIU defense. Will Wake have similar results and similar approach?

Wake's defense doesn't appear to be nearly as quick as NIU, except in the defensive backfield. But we are bigger and stronger. So it will be strength against strength up front...a good test for our DL & LBs.

I think/hope we have an edge in our corners and safeties.

On offense, I have no doubt that we are better than NIU.

I think it's going to be a typical WFU-BC physical football game. BC's DL (particularly #9 Harold Landry) will be difficult to block. Hopefully, our WR's can get some separation on their DB's. I wasn't overly impressed with BC's offense against NIU, but they weren't that great last year (either even though they were just good enough to beat us).

I'm expecting a low-scoring, close game that will be settled by either a big play or a critical mistake in the 4th quarter. Another 3 point final margin (like the last 2 years) wouldn't surprise me at all. I just hope we win. GO DEACS!

I don't think it will be that low scoring. Both defenses have issues. I'm thinking 23-20 DEACS.

Excellent discussion all the way around we need to score at least 25 to win.

Honestly, watching the BC game last night made me feel better about the game than I did prior. BC defense didn't look like anything special against a much smaller and severely less talented NIU team. NIU was getting pressure on the BC qb and their oline held up well for the most part (until the end of the game they got worn down a bit). I think we win by 2 scores.

Don Beebe's kid gashed BC's defense. Hines and Dortch should do the same.

Dealing with their bush league facilities is also a challenge.

The teeth gnashing over our defensive display late in the Presbyterian game is amusing. We dominated, as we should have, with our entire starting unit out there. BC will be a much bigger test but any concerns about our defense because of Thursday's second half are silly.

BC will be a tough opponent. Excellent D. Worried about Landry et al blowing up our OLine. Also, their RBs are a handful - big powerful backs. Ball control O to keep us off the field.

Honestly, watching the BC game last night made me feel better about the game than I did prior. BC defense didn't look like anything special against a much smaller and severely less talented NIU team. NIU was getting pressure on the BC qb and their oline held up well for the most part (until the end of the game they got worn down a bit). I think we win by 2 scores.

I hope you're right that NIU was severely less talented than BC and similar to the NIU team from last year rather than the NIU team that should have beaten Ohio State two years ago.

If you're right and NIU is still down then we have a chance of stealing one on Saturday.

I hope you're right that NIU was severely less talented than BC and similar to the NIU team from last year rather than the NIU team that should have beaten Ohio State two years ago.

If you're right and NIU is still down then we have a chance of stealing one on Saturday.

Don't believe these morons bd, the only thing that matters is NIU still has a lot more talent than Wake Forest College. Wake has no chance at BC, accept it.

Key is nothing more than our OL being able to block them up front, been several years since we have been able to do that to BC

Vegas is giving us a chance, we're only 4 point dogs. Absent the home team 3 point difference they figure it's a toss-up

Key is nothing more than our OL being able to block them up front, been several years since we have been able to do that to BC

Since OL can't do that Wolford and Hinton need to make excellent quick decisions. No doubt lots of balls are deflected and we all agree at least one leads to the interception. Probably two interceptions like that and we lose or one pick 6 or that otherwise leads to a touchdown and we lose.

Crazy that so much hinges on the fact that our starting quarterback can't get it over their linemen.

Back