• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ Wake Forest: Game Thread

That won't be a problem. We will have 3.
Hope you're right. Transfers are almost as important as Buzz being fired. The new coach needs scholarships. Buzz's recruits will simply not get it done.

which 3 will transfer?

Always tough to say. I would go Washington, Cavanaugh, and rountree I think. Cav has had his starting role taken and would fit really well in a lot of programs. If he has interest someone will scoop him quick. AW just can't play at this level and knows it by now. He can transfer, redshirt and give himself a good shot at a successful career at a mid major. Rountree is a flier pick but again, he can't play at this level. I think he loves Wake, but he is getting no time and I don't think that is going to change.

Madison is a possibility as well. Probably more likely than rountree but I'll stick with my prediction. The reality is that I think everyone is fair game outside of McClinton and probably CMM.

Always tough to say. I would go Washington, Cavanaugh, and rountree I think. Cav has had his starting role taken and would fit really well in a lot of programs. If he has interest someone will scoop him quick. AW just can't play at this level and knows it by now. He can transfer, redshirt and give himself a good shot at a successful career at a mid major. Rountree is a flier pick but again, he can't play at this level. I think he loves Wake, but he is getting no time and I don't think that is going to change.

Madison is a possibility as well. Probably more likely than rountree but I'll stick with my prediction. The reality is that I think everyone is fair game outside of McClinton and probably CMM.

Madison is simply not an ACC level point guard. No shot at all. No free throws. Wow. Washington is just tall. CMM is now at about 9% from 3 point range in ACC play according to the broadcast today. Rountree looks like Woody from Toy Story-all arms & legs.

With the right coach Cav plays a ton next year. Over the past month his improvement has been very solid. We would really miss him.

Yeah, agree with RJ. Cav is also a really good student. I don't think he's gonna pass up a Wake education to go elsewhere. I think it'll be Rountree, Andre, Madison, and who knows, maybe Overton?

Yeah, agree with RJ. Cav is also a really good student. I don't think he's gonna pass up a Wake education to go elsewhere. I think it'll be Rountree, Andre, Madison, and who knows, maybe Overton?

So #StuckWithWhitePersonEvenThoughHeBricksFace

With the right coach Cav plays a ton next year. Over the past month his improvement has been very solid. We would really miss him.

I like Cav a lot as a big off the bench. I think out of all our players he has the most options because he has no baggage and can fill a role that most teams need.

It is all guesswork. Madison, rountree, and Washington are the three least talented of that group but that is not always how it works. Kind of depends if the player is the initiating the transfer or the new coach.

I remember the 2003 2OT Duke game when they played ZN for the first time. Slightly better game that night.

I remember leaving Wake thinking the "zombie chants" were actually part of the song. No one at the school these days would make that mistake, at least not from our home basketball games.

Yes. I think that was the team that started Louis Farrakhan's grandson.

Yeah, the only talent Bennett inherited was really Mike Scott and Landesberg, who was UVA's star at the time. Then Bennett kicked Landesberg off the team halfway through his 1st season at UVA (I think academics or team rules violation). I never understood how Landesberg could thrive under Leitao (who was an enormous jerk) but fail to follow team rules under Bennett. Bennett is a really good guy, but he is very by the book.

I thought Landesburg's issue surrounded actually going to class. I could be misremembering though.

I thought Landesburg's issue surrounded actually going to class. I could be misremembering though.

My vague recollection was that the official reason was violation of team rules but the rumor was that it was academically related. And I think you're right about his class attendance being close to non-existent. So I guess one of Bennett's team rules is you gotta go to class. Maybe Leitao didn't have a similar requirement.

My vague recollection was that the official reason was violation of team rules but the rumor was that it was academically related. And I think you're right about his class attendance being close to non-existent. So I guess one of Bennett's team rules is you gotta go to class. Maybe Leitao didn't have a similar requirement.

clearly UVA doesn't know how other prominent ACC public schools get around that whole "going to class" thing.

I like Cav a lot as a big off the bench. I think out of all our players he has the most options because he has no baggage and can fill a role that most teams need.

It is all guesswork. Madison, rountree, and Washington are the three least talented of that group but that is not always how it works. Kind of depends if the player is the initiating the transfer or the new coach.

Agree about Cav. He's shown some nice toughness in bouncing back from a really tough freshman year. I would think a new coach would fight to keep him given our below average shooting from the 1 - 3 positions.

Also of note is this quote from the great Deman when he was challenged on his prediction that Andre would be the best player on the team by the end of his sophomore year:

"Yeah I missed on Andre, but not because of a lack a talent, but a lack of love of the game enough to improve to the level he needed to. The motivation of players is the biggest variable when evaluating kids and is why some over achieve and many under achieve and I have yet to learn how to get inside a kids head or heart to make a certain evaluation. "

I guess I agree on principle with the thought on motivation but 1) he really overrated Andre's talent 2) the "love of the game" thing was pretty obvious from the get-go; he was a year older than his class and he had good coaching in high school yet he was getting much better

The whole lot of them can go from what I've seen over their careers. We are simply not competitive with the upper third of the league. I'm sure the new coach can and will figure this out to make the best decisions for his career and Wake's success.

Agreed. He may not start but he is a solid player. And we know most big men progress at a slower rate.

If I were a player I wouldn't make any rash decisions about transferring until I met with the new hire. How you fit in at Wake in the near future is totally dependent on who the head coach is and what style of ball they want to play. Travis and Williams are gone, so there is playing time to be had and plenty of it. I'd be surprised if more than one player moves on. If I had to guess, Rountree would be that guy.

Back