• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ Wake Forest: Game Thread

I'm starting to think Devin leaves with Buzz. I had heard he bought into Buzz's BS, but he's been confirming it lately with his quotes. I can't say I'll be too upset at this point. There's no one on this team that can't be replaced by a good coach on the recruiting trail.

He has threatened it, but short of a miracle NIT bid he will have to make a decision. I doubt he will leave in the end.

Other teams have improved over the course of the season while we've regressed. Bah.

I was at a practice round for a golf tournament and was unable to watch #therivalry I am so disappointed I missed such a landmark game in sports history. I will cry myself to sleep tonight.

I'm starting to think Devin leaves with Buzz. I had heard he bought into Buzz's BS, but he's been confirming it lately with his quotes. I can't say I'll be too upset at this point. There's no one on this team that can't be replaced by a good coach on the recruiting trail.

i would rather give a legitimate coach a little leeway rather than expect a little more because Thomas stays

Had the same thought, wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. He's burning plenty of bridges. Would suck for next year, but not too far beyond that.

I can't imagine Devin leaving, clearly he wants to play against the best players and with the addition of Louisville next year, hands down it is the ACC.

He said that he would have left after last year if the rumors of Coach B leaving had turned out to be accurate. That is where his true loyalty lies.

He said that he would have left after last year if the rumors of Coach B leaving had turned out to be accurate. That is where his true loyalty lies.

Where's is going to go? LaSalle, Delaware, Penn. State. He won't be following Buzz anywhere because Buzz is either done with college coaching or scouting/asst coach in the NBA. I'm sure a solid hire as the new coach will convince him to stay.

Coach B = Battle, yes?
Battle will get another job easily. Devin might follow him there.

Coach B = Battle, yes?
Battle will get another job easily. Devin might follow him there.
Well then, looks like Devin's headed to Providence to hang with another Buzz transfer, Carson Desrosiers!

I hear Devin defending Buzz not Battle. Again, I'm sure a good hire could persuade Devin to stay at Wake.

I hear Devin defending Buzz not Battle. Again, I'm sure a good hire could persuade Devin to stay at Wake.
If we have learned anything from this debacle, it would include that we should not naively take what we see or hear at face value.

And yes, of course, Coach B is Jeff Battle.

IMO, Devin is more likely to stay if Bz is gone. He is tired of this situation.

Seriously, if Travis could be convinced to stay under Bzz, any player can be convinced to stay post Bzz. I'm not saying all will stay, but it's not guaranteed any player will leave.

The more interesting question, is will a new coach renew all the scholarships? I know people rail on Bzz for his actions at Colo, but Larry Brown dumped players at SMU and now they are a potential NCAA team.

"Everyone's just going to throw it back on coach," Thomas said. "It's probably 30 percent coach's fault. The rest of the 70 percent is our fault. It's all on us. It's our fault. You shouldn't have to say that about ACC players. As an athlete in the ACC, as a competitor in the ACC, there's no way you can coach competitiveness, toughness and energy, passion. You should already have that. That's what's happening right now- that's what Coach is trying to do, he's trying to coach that. He can't. No coach can."

LOL. Devin Thomas sounds like a chump. Transfer or don't, neo-Chas. We don't care. Just stop with the emo bullshit.

Last edited:
Back