• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ Wake Forest: Game Thread

Devin needs to join a 12 step basketball program, acceptance of being a bad basketball team is the first step to recovery.

To be fair, I'm not sure if it was Devin who said this:

J.P. Mundy ‏@JP_Mundy 1h
"Its been a crazy year for us. Its difficult when there's a lot of negativity around you. We're a good basketball team."

We are absolutely terrible at every facet of the game. I honestly think BC is better than us. If we played on a neutral court 10 times, I think BC would win more than 5.

J.P. Mundy ‏@JP_Mundy 31m
Thomas: “Coach gets us prepared every day, and some guys can’t go out and play hard for him? It’s really sad that it has to be like this."

J.P. Mundy ‏@JP_Mundy 31m
"Everyone’s just going to throw it back on Coach. It’s probably 30 percent Coach’s fault. The rest of the 70 percent is our fault."

J.P. Mundy ‏@JP_Mundy 33m
Williams: "Guys are just walking around here like zombies. I don’t know what it is."

if it's 70% the players fault, then that means the head coach is signing basketball players that aren't very good at basketball..which is once again, the coach's fault.

Devin sure talks alot for somebody who got 3 boards in a game we got dominated on the glass.

"In a lot of ways, when things don't go well offensively we have a tendency to put our head down, and we still haven't gotten over the hump of having the maturity to not allow when things aren't going well offensively affect the other areas of our game that matter," head coach Jeff [Redacted] said. "And that is it in a nutshell."

Unfortunately, Google Translate doesn't have an Asperger's setting.

"You shouldn't have to say that about ACC players. As an athlete in the ACC, as a competitor in the ACC, there's no way you can coach competitiveness, toughness and energy, passion. You should already have that. That's what's happening right now- that's what Coach is trying to do, he's trying to coach that. He can't. No coach can."
-Devin Thomas

Uh... Devin, I know you've only played for Bz at this level, but I'm pretty sure people can coach competitiveness.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - Wake Forest's tendency to play down to its opponent reappeared Saturday evening as the Demon Deacons dropped its 8th game in the last nine outings, this time 80-72 to Boston College.

LOLOL, play down? Hey Mundy, if you're reading this, Wake is just as horrendous as BC. Maybe worse.

Er. I'm not sure I buy that. I think we do have the edge in talent over BC, and that we do tend to play down to bad opponents (as we have throughout [Redacted]'s time here).

"In a lot of ways, when things don't go well offensively we have a tendency to put our head down, and we still haven't gotten over the hump of having the maturity to not allow when things aren't going well offensively affect the other areas of our game that matter," head coach Jeff [Redacted] said. "And that is it in a nutshell."

Unfortunately, Google Translate doesn't have an Asperger's setting.

it's just a maturity thing. give him a few more yrs and he'll get it ironed out

Er. I'm not sure I buy that. I think we do have the edge in talent over BC, and that we do tend to play down to bad opponents (as we have throughout [Redacted]'s time here).

I wouldn't take us in a pick-up game. I'm well aware of how bad BC is this year, but the difference, IMO, is that they have no chemistry and we have no talent.

Devin needs to join a 12 step basketball program, acceptance of being a bad basketball team is the first step to recovery.

Devin needs to focus more on boxing out and less on running his mouth.

3 rebounds against BC? woof...

BC has very little talent outside of Hanlan and Anderson, but they are great at the fundamentals. And that's coaching of course. -15 on the boards to the worst rebounding team in the ACC is just inconceivable.

BC has very little talent outside of Hanlan and Anderson, but they are great at the fundamentals. And that's coaching of course. -15 on the boards to the worst rebounding team in the ACC is just inconceivable.

What was most awe-inspiring about the rebounding to me was: we lost a TON of rebounds (like 7+) that hit us in the hands first. How does that even happen? Grab the goddamn ball.

Back