• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ Wake Forest: Game Thread

At least you are honest about it. There are a lot of fans who claim they were against the hire from the start that are full of it. What is amazing to me is there are still a sprinkle of fans that still support this catastrophe of a coach.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. I hated the hire but said I'd give him a chance. I went full on #BuzzOUT around the GT loss his first year. It turns out I drastically overestimated him. I figured we'd be merely mediocre with him, not historically dreadful.

On 4/9/10:

"If it does happen, it will be soul crushing. Almost as soul crushing as watching the inevitable (and understandable) futile efforts at putting a positive spin on it. Surely Ron is just goofing on us, right?"

I was wrong about the understandable part.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. I hated the hire but said I'd give him a chance. I went full on #BuzzOUT around the GT loss his first year. It turns out I drastically overestimated him. I figured we'd be merely mediocre with him, not historically dreadful.

This is me also. Thought the name was a hoax when it was rumored. Gave him a chance, thought we'd at least be better at fundamentals, bailed after it was obvious it was never going to work and he wasn't going to be able to recruit, unlike basically every other coach we've ever had.

There is a difference in being willing to give him a shot (me) and believing he would succeed (overalls). I was fairly confident he was going to suck, but was willing to give him a shit (Freudian slip....was supposed to be 'shot') since he was going to be here for a few years. I bet if you polled the fan base upon the hire that over 2/3rds were anywhere from skeptical to bzzout. Probably about 1/3rd were anywhere from who cares to excited. I really only remember a couple of people being vocally excited.

RJ and Jaybone are two for sure that I remember.
This was how I saw it. Figured we might improve over the season from suck to mediocre but never thought he was anything more than a temporary coach. I didn't think that was what we needed, but I figured that was Wellman's plan.

Now not sure, all I know is it's almost over.

I remember when Dino was fired, and then hearing the name Jeff [Redacted] and wondering "who the hell is that?" After some research, I concluded that he was absolutely the wrong guy for the job. He hasn't disappointed. What a fucking loser. He has single-handedly brought WF basketball to it's lowest point ever.

You're right, of course. I hated the hire and hoped for the best. But I was certain he wasn't the coach he was touted to be. And here we are. I'm not even sure Wellman's ego can give this guy another year. But Ron's ego is second to none.

When the hire was made, I figured Ron knew something that no one else knew. Guess not.

I just remember Jeff Goodman broke the hire, but I'd never heard of Jeff Goodman and figured it was a rando blogger who had no idea what he was talking about. ChrisPaul3 broke it on the boards in between performing surgeries.

AP article mentions students chanting BzzOut. So we have that going for us...

I just remember Jeff Goodman broke the hire, but I'd never heard of Jeff Goodman and figured it was a rando blogger who had no idea what he was talking about. ChrisPaul3 broke it on the boards in between performing surgeries.

hahahaha seriously?

We were right.

No that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. But fuck yeah, it matters in the petty BS of day-to-day.

Winter is coming. This is rock bottom. Suck my salty Irish balls anyone who thought this would turn out otherwise.

Slainte!

Didn't watch but just looked at the stats. We got outrebounded by BC by 15. By BC. Even by Buzzdick standards that's amazing and atrocious.

The hire was clearly shit from the start. We knew it. Ron knew it. His not trying to win the press conference and gut feeling bs was clear he knew it. When I saw the press release with the quotes about how great he is... I tried to believe but I was scared.

We would be Vegas favored on a neutral court over one team in the ACC at this point. Yikes.

Just got in from the game. Loads of fun. One bright spot.. overheard some of the old moneyed types bitching about Bzz after BC flipped the 42-40 to 46-42 in like 20 fucking seconds.

And let's remember the 2 players who aren't here next year scored 31 of our 72 points. Foundation! Please Lord, a couple players from the 2016 class, leave. Now. Waste of scholarships.

Feel bad for Travis, he had a really nice game. So did Coron.

Just got in from the game. Loads of fun. One bright spot.. overheard some of the old moneyed types bitching about Bzz after BC flipped the 42-40 to 46-42 in like 20 fucking seconds.

How the fuck was that "loads of fun"? Have they started serving beer at the Joel?

Back