• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC @ Wake Forest: Game Thread

We are gonna get D slapped by duke next week

Wake Facebook taking its time posting the final. Rounding up as many bodies as they can find to delete the negative comments first.

Wellman single-handedly destroyed this program, 90% of the fanbase predicted he would do so from the time [Redacted]'s name was even mentioned. What a waste of 4 years

Yep, this is one time I wish everything didn't play out exactly how I expected it to play out.

lol another tough break for the descs. keep your heads up guys! Go Deacs!! lol

I pulled it up and there were 15 neg comments and I pulled it up 5 min later and they were gone. wow things are bad.

Wake Facebook taking its time posting the final. Rounding up as many bodies as they can find to delete the negative comments first.

Wellman single-handedly destroyed this program, 90% of the fanbase predicted he would do so from the time [Redacted]'s name was even mentioned. What a waste of 4 years

It wasn't even close to 90%. I remember that day very well. I think 70% or so were willing to give him a shot. There were many on this board that bought into the Xs and Os bullshit.

And here we are.

qPBDEB0.png

It wasn't even close to 90%. I remember that day very well. I think 70% or so were willing to give him a shot. There were many on this board that bought into the Xs and Os bullshit.

And here we are.
There was also the "in Wellman we trust" faction. 4 embarrassing years later...

I was one of those 70% willing to give him a chance. I saw no need to hate the guy until he was given a chance. By year 2 , I was done. He has been given way more than a chance and he flat out sucks at his job. Shouldn't have a head coaching gig on this level.

And here we are.

Every Wake fan and alum I know was appalled at the hire. There has been a sunshine faction, bit I still believe the majority of WF fans never wanted him here.

And here we are.

There is a difference in being willing to give him a shot (me) and believing he would succeed (overalls). I was fairly confident he was going to suck, but was willing to give him a shit (Freudian slip....was supposed to be 'shot') since he was going to be here for a few years. I bet if you polled the fan base upon the hire that over 2/3rds were anywhere from skeptical to bzzout. Probably about 1/3rd were anywhere from who cares to excited. I really only remember a couple of people being vocally excited.

RJ and Jaybone are two for sure that I remember.

I was one of those 70% willing to give him a chance. I saw no need to hate the guy until he was given a chance. By year 2 , I was done. He has been given way more than a chance and he flat out sucks at his job. Shouldn't have a head coaching gig on this level.

At least you are honest about it. There are a lot of fans who claim they were against the hire from the start that are full of it. What is amazing to me is there are still a sprinkle of fans that still support this catastrophe of a coach.

Crap, I was hoping the delay in Bzzzz talking in the post game was because he getting his butt fired!!!!

Wow. 12 pages on a game thread.

[Redacted]'d.

Back