• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS National Championship Game Thread

If I had won the heisman and led a game winning drive in 1:16 for the national championship, I wouldn't even be able to give an interview because I'd be too busy running around the field in just my jock strap telling auburn fans to bow down to me.

ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! BOW DOWN TIGERS!

he's 20 yo and just won a NC....you're the same paternalistic person here as you are politically.

I would have loved to have seen you at 20 giving a national interview in the same position.

I'd bet on you not being able to get a sentence out.

I was attempting (inadequately it seems) to make a joke off Ph's 'Can you not understand English' comment.. there was this movie.. Pulp Fiction... ah fuck it.. nevermind...

Just got back from the game. Amazing experience!!! Auburn fans were about as classy a fanbase that I have ever been around. I thought Jimbo's biggest mistake was not having the towels in the 1st half. Most of my fanbase complained about Craig stealing plays and while I believe it to be true, I also believe that was his job no matter how unethical it is.

I still don't understand why the McCarron family has so much hate for Jameis but it's obvious after his comments at the heisman ceremony and now his mom and girlfriend's references about how Jameis talks. Like PH said, he's a 20 year old kid who just won the National Championship who enjoys the media and life. He had a million things running through his head but he's genuine and its obviously not rehearsed. Hell, did anyone not hear the 8 years worth of George W Bush speeches? I loved the man but he butchered the English language and he has a degree from Yale. Besides, Jameis is a football player talking about winning a football game. It's not like he's giving a press conference about heart surgery. Why are so many people concerned with how he talks?

Darnell Dockett is probably my least favorite Nole but his tweet back to AJ's mom was classic. \

http://collegespun.com/acc/florida-state/darnell-dockett-hits-on-dee-dee-bonner-following-winston-insult#

Auburn has a terrific fan base. Every group, especially one that big, will have more than a few idiots. But overall a good group. Good game and congrats to your Noles.

Just got back from the game. Amazing experience!!! Auburn fans were about as classy a fanbase that I have ever been around. I thought Jimbo's biggest mistake was not having the towels in the 1st half. Most of my fanbase complained about Craig stealing plays and while I believe it to be true, I also believe that was his job no matter how unethical it is.

I still don't understand why the McCarron family has so much hate for Jameis but it's obvious after his comments at the heisman ceremony and now his mom and girlfriend's references about how Jameis talks. Like PH said, he's a 20 year old kid who just won the National Championship who enjoys the media and life. He had a million things running through his head but he's genuine and its obviously not rehearsed. Hell, did anyone not hear the 8 years worth of George W Bush speeches? I loved the man but he butchered the English language and he has a degree from Yale. Besides, Jameis is a football player talking about winning a football game. It's not like he's giving a press conference about heart surgery. Why are so many people concerned with how he talks?

Darnell Dockett is probably my least favorite Nole but his tweet back to AJ's mom was classic. \

http://collegespun.com/acc/florida-state/darnell-dockett-hits-on-dee-dee-bonner-following-winston-insult#

I had a similar experience with the Auburn fan base. We were in the Florida State section, but surrounded by a little enclave of Auburn fans and they were great. Very gracious both while they were up and in defeat. Same with the Auburn fans on my flights back - still rocking their orange and navy and giving lots of congratulations to those of us dressed in garnet and gold.

I'm an Auburn fan who attended both the 2011 and 2014 BCSNCGs.

1) Most Auburn fans recognize how incredibly fortunate they were to make it to this game. It was almost like they were playing with house money in Pasadena. They realize they had zero rights to complain about any bad luck or negative outcomes to the game.

2) Oregon fans were fantastic in defeat in 2011 in Glendale. Many Auburn fans remembered that experience well and were shown many excellent examples of great losing behavior in that game, and consequently were better prepared to return the favor in 2014.

I had a similar experience with the Auburn fan base. We were in the Florida State section, but surrounded by a little enclave of Auburn fans and they were great. Very gracious both while they were up and in defeat. Same with the Auburn fans on my flights back - still rocking their orange and navy and giving lots of congratulations to those of us dressed in garnet and gold.

my coworker (FSU alum) said the same

I've decided to root for an Auburn-Vandy SEC Championship every year.

Still crazy how NCST is the worst fanbase I've been around at a game. Auburn and BYU were top notch!

But isn't Auburn a much easier school to get into?

Auburn has been considered the better of the two state schools in the last 30 years, although Alabama has gained ground in the last 10 years.

Auburn has a higher average SAT score (1750) than does Alabama (1680).

A-Rod was there to cheer on the Noles. He had nothing else to do...

LWxACts.jpg

Welcome to the Rose Bowl

34NMOhT.jpg

Getting to our seats...

HlUFZ45.jpg

Marching Chiefs

OMIWpe1.jpg

Panoramic...

1iIevMg.jpg

Renegade

dTV8Aid.jpg

John Legend singing the National Anthem

By2IzAn.jpg

The Coin Toss

J7i3wDI.jpg

The Game...

43x6RjZ.jpg

ZRDJMiK.jpg

GGdTxxI.jpg

dH5Vsuc.jpg

The play that put FSU up for good...

RqsHlUh.jpg

The MVP

JnsnGXJ.jpg

We Are The Champions...

t48tRk6.jpg

Poor Tiger

SSRNn4i.jpg

The Final Scoreboard...

S0QnOtc.jpg

Leaving the Rose Bowl...

FTVfFJl.jpg

Funny that AROD was rooting for us when he's a diehard Miami fan. Granted I know he's close with Jimbo and Candi Fisher and has helped with the Kids 1st fund.

Don't visit the YLYL theard on the pit, lots of RACISTS!!!!!!!!!!!! over there

4GwFRGx.jpg

Back