• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS National Championship Game Thread

(obviously it's not really his fault)

It's probably his fault for beasting that 37 yard touchdown run instead of breaking it into 3 12ish yard runs.

The if it only happened this way plays out so much in football. So many times teams score and leave just enough time for the other team to come down and win. The fact that FSU needed a TD and not a fieldgoal made it way more difficult. The scenario though of FSU defense being gassed, him running 3 or so more times, the clock ticking down, and he scores with about 30 seconds left instead of 1:20 and the outcome is probably completely different. One of the times FSU poor tackling comes back to save them.

One team? Because I'm pretty sure the ACC #2 got waxed by the SEC #5 about a month ago.

img_35.gif

Haha Damo. As a supporter of both conferences I don't have a dog in the fight. It was just a dumb statement. It would be like the SEC claiming to be better in basketball AT THE TOP the year that Kentucky won it all.

There was nothing wrong with the interview. You wouldn't be drawn to poke holes in it if it didn't fit your assumptions. Can you not understand English? Where are you from?

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

eta: See Jules..

Haha Damo. As a supporter of both conferences I don't have a dog in the fight. It was just a dumb statement. It would be like the SEC claiming to be better in basketball AT THE TOP the year that Kentucky won it all.

Unfortunately, they do that all the time. Also, the Number 2 SEC team lost pretty handily to Oklahoma while Clemson whipped up on Ohio State. #ACC #StrongAtTheTop

well FWIW one of my black buds from Wake has recommend on FB that Jameis take a public speaking class next semester. He says "even if the brotha just audits the course. It's in everyone's best interest"

so not entirely sure this is entirely a black/white racial thing as much as some might think. Sometimes sounding like a 15 year old with ADD sounds dumb, no matter your color.

well FWIW one of my black buds from Wake has recommend on FB that Jameis take a public speaking class next semester. He says "even if the brotha just audits the course. It's in everyone's best interest"

so not entirely sure this is entirely a black/white racial thing as much as some might think. Sometimes sounding like a 15 year old with ADD sounds dumb, no matter your color.

:squint:

And while folks were complaining about Jameis' interview, this happened at CES in Vegas.

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?

eta: See Jules..

he's 20 yo and just won a NC....you're the same paternalistic person here as you are politically.

I would have loved to have seen you at 20 giving a national interview in the same position.

I'd bet on you not being able to get a sentence out.

If I had won the heisman and led a game winning drive in 1:16 for the national championship, I wouldn't even be able to give an interview because I'd be too busy running around the field in just my jock strap telling auburn fans to bow down to me.

Unfortunately, they do that all the time. Also, the Number 2 SEC team lost pretty handily to Oklahoma while Clemson whipped up on Ohio State. #ACC #StrongAtTheTop
Bo Jackson wore jeans with holes in them to midfield like a poor. Bowden looked sharp.

Anyone here who hasn't given a live interview to a national TV audience is deluding themselves if they think they would have done better than Jameis did last night.

When you add being 20 to this, it's even more remote that anyone here who hasn't done one would do this well.

Now add just living your dream and an outpost on Pluto is less remote.

did that Benjamin guy remind anyone else of the kid from Good Burger?

Seems like a good kid. I did not see his interview but let's be honest, there are a ton of college players that have been interviewed that sounded like they needed someone to teach English to them again. I cringe when I hear these guys speak but I don't watch college football for the interviews. Do the interviews make me cringe at times? Yes. Would I botch a postgame interview after winning the Natty in any sport in my late teens early twenties? Absolutely. Good for the kid and good for Jimbo. I'm not a Fl. State but I am glad they won. I'd rather hear a kid mess up an interview than hear "they're not used to that SEC defense" one more time.

A lot of kids sound like dopes doing interviews. Pointing that out doesn't make one a racist. It's called stating facts.

Back