• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS National Championship Game Thread

Maybe I missed it, but when FSU took their first lead, early in the 4th quarter and then won at the end of the game..... I don't remember hearing the fans chanting ACC, ACC, ACC!!!!!

The SEC has the worst fans in the world because of their conference pride....I know Bama folks who were cheering for Auburn. Sick

So you weren't cheering for F$U?

the Reff is so upset South Carolina didn't win its 8th consecutive natty

And that he has to ref a JV girls bball game tonight after 20+ years of officiating. Wannabes can have so much pent up frustrations. It can get ugly.

Also I loved Jameis' interview. Like others have said he was incredibly humble and even mentioned the plight that the Fisher's had been through with their son, as well as his cousin serving in Afghanistan.

And he's a freaking 20 year old and is being swarmed by cameras and people seconds after the biggest moment of his life. Sorry if it wasn't a prepared Nobel Prize speech.

And that he has to ref a JV girls bball game tonight after 20+ years of officiating. Wannabes can have so much pent up frustrations. It can get ugly.
iA3OWveQ7SZrE.gif

One team? Because I'm pretty sure the ACC #2 got waxed by the SEC #5 about a month ago.

Agreed. Judging the relative strength of a collection of things based on just one of those things is inherently flawed. Consider an extreme example: what if FSU played in a 4-team conference with Rice, Wake Forest, and Indiana, while Auburn played in a 4-team conference with Alabama, Oregon, and Michigan State. FSU and Auburn play for the title. FSU wins. Does this mean FSU's conference was stronger than Auburn's?

For a more realistic example, take MLB interleague play. Year after year, the AL routinely slaughters the NL in aggregate head-to-head totals. In 2012, the AL's record against the NL was 142-110, good for a .563 winning percentage. In 2012, the Giants swept the Tigers in the World Series. So did the NL magically ascend to superiority over the AL based on that sample of 4 games, notwithstanding the prior 252 games that year in which AL teams collectively dominated NL teams across the board?

One team? Because I'm pretty sure the ACC #2 got waxed by the SEC #5 about a month ago.
Yeah, Clemson was completely outclassed by South Carolina. But they did beat Ohio State, so maybe it evens out?

You're on a two game losing streak, Gump.

Yep, true. And one of them was meaningless bowl game where a loss probably does more long term good than bad.

And that doesn't change the fact that Damo's argument was ludicrous and deserved to be shitted on.

I sat in the FSU section, it was redonk. Made me so jelly of actual good programs. Although at the time I was just doing crazy warchanting for MY NOLES. Can't believe there are Jameis haders, his speeches are awesome. Also he's legit smart, got into Stanford which was his 2nd choice.

Plus, when I think of FSU, I think of Sam Cassell, who I believe hit about 8 last second jumpers in his career to beat Wake..

Yeah, Clemson was completely outclassed by South Carolina. But they did beat Ohio State, so maybe it evens out?

Not in the ACC > SEC argument, but it sure as hell does help my argument that football is becoming increasingly irrelevant north of the Mason-Dixon.

I was such a good FSU phan last night to the point where I might have become a legit FSU fan though.

Helllllll NO. I hate FSU ever since they slapped Wake 77-0 2 years in a row....

I wasn't exactly cheering for Auburn because I'm not a fan. I just wanted a good game, and that's obviously what I got.

Yeah I went in not rooting for anyone but quickly found myself rooting for Auburn. It was strange. Although I have always contended that LSU fans are far worse than Auburn fans.

I guess I'll just never get over watching F$U trash the living fuck out of us in the 90's. It hits deeper than learning to hate Auburn 10 years ago.

Also I loved Jameis' interview. Like others have said he was incredibly humble and even mentioned the plight that the Fisher's had been through with their son, as well as his cousin serving in Afghanistan.

And he's a freaking 20 year old and is being swarmed by cameras and people seconds after the biggest moment of his life. Sorry if it wasn't a prepared Nobel Prize speech.

I didn't really have a problem with the interview, but to say he was "incredibly humble" is a stretch.

I didn't really have a problem with the interview, but to say he was "incredibly humble" is a stretch.

yeah I didn't mind how he pronounced things, but I have no doubt he was told what to say by FSU PR people before the game given his off field issues

Maybe. But he hit all the crotchety white people talking points:

- Praised God
- Talked about a disabled kid
- Military reference to a family member
- Mentioned his coaches and teammates names

He definitely had some media coaching, but so does every star player. And as the self-appointed White Person Ambassador to Hip-Hop Players and Coaches, you of all people should appreciate this.

Back