• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS

That is such a faulty argument if the two best teams are from the same conference. It is just basically saying ignore your body of work because you're in the same conference with the best team in football, and lets select a team whose body of work isn't as good just because they're from a different conference.

BCS Standings

1. LSU
2. Bama
3. Ark
4. Okie Lite
5. VT
6. Stanford
7. Boise
8. Houston
9. Oklahoma
10. Oregon

Does this mean Boise can take the non-AQ berth even without winning its conference? I don't think that would happen because Houston has two games left against pretty decent teams.

VT and Stanford are very close; 7-10 is pretty close.

BCS Standings

1. LSU
2. Bama
3. Ark
4. Okie Lite
5. VT
6. Stanford
7. Boise
8. Houston
9. Oklahoma
10. Oregon

Does this mean Boise can take the non-AQ berth even without winning its conference? I don't think that would happen because Houston has two games left against pretty decent teams.

VT and Stanford are very close; 7-10 is pretty close.

If Houston wins its conference AND finishes in the top 12, then Houston gets the only guaranteed non-AQ BCS bowl bid. Boise State can still be selected, but they cannot take Houston's spot.

VT paying for a poor performance against a weak-ass OOC schedule in those rankings (the computers count margin, right?).

Seems reactionary. Miami was the best team that year anyways.

People were pissed because Nebraska made the title game without winning their division, and getting the shit beat out of them by 2-loss Colorado, 62-36, in the their last game.

People were pissed because Nebraska made the title game without winning their division, and getting the shit beat out of them by 2-loss Colorado, 62-36, in the their last game.

Yeah, I distinctly remember my pastor's horror that following Sunday (he was from Nebraska) and the following destruction of that team by the nearly-unstoppable Miami Hurricanes of 2000-2002. Other than path dependency, I don't see why MOV couldn't have been worked back into the computers once the 66% humans 33% computers rankings came into being.

Yeah, I distinctly remember my pastor's horror that following Sunday (he was from Nebraska) and the following destruction of that team by the nearly-unstoppable Miami Hurricanes of 2000-2002. Other than path dependency, I don't see why MOV couldn't have been worked back into the computers once the 66% humans 33% computers rankings came into being.

Don't want to reward coaches for running up the score. Although, if you put a cap on MOV of like 21 it would reduce running up the score.

Coaches run up the score as is because MOV DOES factor into human voting. I really don't think a coach's decision making changes by more than a touchdown if MOV is added to the computers.

Does LSU lock up a BCS bid with a win over Arkansas on Friday?

I know it would be odd for a team to lose in its conference championship game, and play for the NC (Nebraska did it), but with a win on Friday, LSU would have beaten:

- #3 BCS Arkansas
- #2 BCS Bama on the road
- # 9 (formerly #4) BCS Oregon

Along with a bunch of other wins over bowl eligible teams (WV, Florida, Auburn, Miss. State). LSU's resume seems to be so much stronger than anyone else in the field that the SECCG may essentially be an exhibition game for LSU. For example, how could a 11-1 Bama team with loss at home to LSU get an invite ahead of 12-1 LSU?

Does LSU lock up a BCS bid with a win over Arkansas on Friday?

I know it would be odd for a team to lose in its conference championship game, and play for the NC (Nebraska did it), but with a win on Friday, LSU would have beaten:

- #3 BCS Arkansas
- #2 BCS Bama on the road
- # 9 (formerly #4) BCS Oregon

Along with a bunch of other wins over bowl eligible teams (WV, Florida, Auburn, Miss. State). LSU's resume seems to be so much stronger than anyone else in the field that the SECCG may essentially be an exhibition game for LSU. For example, how could a 11-1 Bama team with loss at home to LSU get an invite ahead of 12-1 LSU?

Exactly. Even if LSU loses to Ark on Friday, if UGA wins the SEC champ game, how could bama go to the NC ahead of LSU? I think all the loses this weekend should cement LSU in the NC, not bama, but who knows.

Back