• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BCS

Alabama lost in OT to LSU

Oklahoma State lost in OT to IOWA STATE

Anybody arguing that the Pokes should be playing over Alabama should immediately kill themselves. There is no way that someone that fucking stupid should be allowed to breath the same air as me.

:laugh:

So what if LSU loses to Arkansas?

Arkansas loses to Bama on the road. LSU loses to Arkansas at home, beats Bama on the road.

Does the highest ranked team go to the SEC championship game? And who the hell would that be exactly?

4 team playoff with those 3 and Houston would be nice. Then Houston could say they got their reward for being the only undefeated team, assuming that's how it ends up.

As someone posted earlier, it is totally screwed up when Alabama is in a better position by not having to take the "risk" of playing in a conference championship game.

I REALLY want to see UGA beat LSU. I will be all kinds fun to see what the BCS does then.

Arkansas loses to Bama on the road. LSU loses to Arkansas at home, beats Bama on the road.

Does the highest ranked team go to the SEC championship game? And who the hell would that be exactly?

4 team playoff with those 3 and Houston would be nice. Then Houston could say they got their reward for being the only undefeated team, assuming that's how it ends up.

The tiebreaker has something to do with BCS rankings and I'm pretty sure most things I've seen have Alabama winning their half of the SEC under this scenario, which again, ironically, would be detrimental to their cause since if LSU and Bama both win next week Bama is basically locked in.

In football if you have already lost to a team AT HOME, you don't deserve another chance at them.

Why don't we let computer gekks play each other?

Short answer...it depends.

Long answer...the seventh SEC tie-breaker is used, which is the highest BCS ranking. However, if the top two teams in the BCS are within 5 places of each other (and they will be), then the lowest ranking of the three is discarded and it reverts to head-to-head winner between the top two.

So, assuming Arkansas wins...

LSU is effectively eliminated. Their only hope is if the BCS standings are 1 Alabama, 2 LSU, and 3 Arkansas, but I don't see how Arkansas doesn't jump LSU if they win.

Arkansas goes if they jump Alabama AND LSU falls only to number two.

Alabama goes if LSU is the lowest in the BCS rankings, irrespective of the order of the top two.

The tiebreaker has something to do with BCS rankings and I'm pretty sure most things I've seen have Alabama winning their half of the SEC under this scenario, which again, ironically, would be detrimental to their cause since if LSU and Bama both win next week Bama is basically locked in.

But most of BCS ranking is the voters. So if Ark wins next week and the voting is Ark 1, LSU 2, Bama 3, Arkansas still has no chance to be ahead of Bama in the BCS?

There is a BCS Title Game. They have already sold tickets to it. It's not going to be canceled. Two teams have to play in it.

Ah fuck it I hope it all goes to hell and the SEC West winner plays Houston.

Then no one can say that not getting to the SEC championship game was an advantage and the only teams that could whine are the SEC West teams.

I'm pretty sure that Houston has 0.0% chance of playing in the BCS Title Game.

Its like the usual Boise argument, but way worse.

In football if you have already lost to a team AT HOME, you don't deserve another chance at them.

Why don't we let computer gekks play each other?

So by this logic, you're better off losing to a shitty team than losing to the very best team.

I'm pretty sure that Houston has 0.0% chance of playing in the BCS Title Game.

Its like the usual Boise argument, but way worse.

A lot of craziness would have to happen.

Georgia has to win the SEC championship game -- thus ensuring only one SEC team is in the BCS other than them. That eliminates two teams.

Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State; someone beats Virginia Tech, Notre Dame beats Stanford, assuming 11-1 Stanford would be put in the championship game when they lost their division to a 2 loss team.

A lot of craziness would have to happen.

Georgia has to win the SEC championship game -- thus ensuring only one SEC team is in the BCS other than them. That eliminates two teams.

Oklahoma beats Oklahoma State; someone beats Virginia Tech, Notre Dame beats Stanford, assuming 11-1 Stanford would be put in the championship game when they lost their division to a 2 loss team.

Georgia winning the SEC title game wouldn't ensure only one SEC team in the BCS other than them if two other SEC teams are 1-2 in the rankings.

The argument against a team not winning it's conference being in the title game is really dumb. The entire season is a larger sample than the conference season -- it gives you a better way to judge the quality of the teams.

No different that saying that a non-undefeated team in conference (Clemson, for example) shouldn't be allowed to play for the conference title -- "if we know that Clemson can't even beat NC State, then we know they can't be the best team in the ACC Atlantic." Obviously that makes no sense, but it's the same reasoning applied to conference champs and the BCS.

Georgia winning the SEC title game wouldn't ensure only one SEC team in the BCS other than them if two other SEC teams are 1-2 in the rankings.

Yeah, if Arkansas beats LSU, and then the SECW representative loses to UGA, there will be two 1-loss teams left in the SECW who will be very high in the BCS.

I thought a max of 2 teams could go from the same league.

Then that it's then. It's going to be 2 of LSU, Arkansas and Alabama unless Bama loses to Auburn.

So guess it depends on how good the loser of LSU/Ark is whether it's Alabama or the LSU/Ark loser that would be the 2nd team.

If this is the case, I think LSU should still be in the title game if they beat Arkansas even if they lose to Georgia.

Watching the FCS playoff selection show this morning made me think how great that would be for the BCS teams.

The argument against a team not winning it's conference being in the title game is really dumb. The entire season is a larger sample than the conference season -- it gives you a better way to judge the quality of the teams.

No different that saying that a non-undefeated team in conference (Clemson, for example) shouldn't be allowed to play for the conference title -- "if we know that Clemson can't even beat NC State, then we know they can't be the best team in the ACC Atlantic." Obviously that makes no sense, but it's the same reasoning applied to conference champs and the BCS.

They aren't at all alike.

You can have the best record in the legaue without being undefeated. It happens all the time and is expected to happen in many (if not most conferences).

However if you arent' good enough to win your own conference, other conference champions have a valid argument. They accomplished what you didn't.

Back