• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Beat Carolina!!!

The title of this thread should be "Beat the Absolute Fuck Out of Carolina"

o/u opened at 78.5(!!!), already down to 76.5 from what I'm seeing

We haven't looked good since the bye. Got lucky we had BC to start the second half of the season.

People clowned that sideline reporter for asking Clawson after BC why the offense struggled. She was right. Sure they scored 43 vs. BC but only 42 the next two weeks.

Last edited:
The foundation of Wake Forest football under Clawson has been to protect the football, no penalties and create turnovers. If a team does all three with consistency they have a good chance to win football games. Wake has been good at all three of the past few years and the team has won as a result. Those three also cover a lot of deficiencies. The past two weeks all of those principles have been absent and the team has lost. The problem areas have been spotlighted. Clawson has mentioned all three after both losses but it seems too simple an answer. Take those three and add winning the line of scrimmage and you have the most important variables that determine success or failure on the field.

so a tropical storm rolls through on Friday, but should be cleared up by Saturday evening. Things could change though.

Obviously we like to throw the ball as much as they do, but their defense is so bad, I think we should be able to run the ball successfully, whereas they may not be as likely to be able to do so. Probably moot though, at least with regards to the rain.

This sounds like a bad thing for our defense.

This sounds like a bad thing for our defense.

It's not like Sam Howell wasn't a good college quarterback. Maye isn't as tough of a runner, but has better vision and spreads the ball around more. Don't have an elite (or maybe even good) RB though. And the defense is still pretty poor, although there are a couple of solid pieces. Dline won't get much pressure, and we haven't blitzed much, so I don't see WFU turning it over as much as you have these last two weeks.

WFU - 41
UNC 37

If the team that played Clemson and FSU shows up Wake should win. If the team that played Ville or state shows up UNC will annihilate us.

For years Clawson's teams did not do well coming off bye weeks. I thought we had that problem licked last season but now I'm not so sure.

Last season, Army was the game after the bye week. The problem was not licked.

Last season, Army was the game after the bye week. The problem was not licked.
Clawson has said that he liked the extra bye week to prepare for army's (cut blocks.)

Agree that the problem was not licked.

In our last two losses, we've lost the battle on both sides of the LOS. How well do we match up against UNC there?

Look at UNC’s schedule. It’s a joke. We play murderers row these last 5 weeks of the season.

And we're 0-2 in that row. Nothing to hang our hat on this year, we've beat nobody (except maybe Liberty oddly). It is what it is. This is another opportunity to beat someone that matters.

And we're 0-2 in that row. Nothing to hang our hat on this year, we've beat nobody (except maybe Liberty oddly). It is what it is. This is another opportunity to beat someone that matters.
At FSU was a good win, but we need to get back on track and we've got a great opportunity to beat a solid top 20 team Saturday night.

Holes are 5-0 on the road.

Let's change that and start them on a losing streak.

If the team that played Clemson and FSU shows up Wake should win. If the team that played Ville or state shows up UNC will annihilate us.

For years Clawson's teams did not do well coming off bye weeks. I thought we had that problem licked last season but now I'm not so sure.
I don't expect many to agree with me, but if we play at the level we played in Raleigh against unc, we probably beat them. Give state's defense some credit. They are very good.

Back