• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Beat Carolina!!!

I don't expect many to agree with me, but if we play at the level we played in Raleigh against unc, we probably beat them. Give state's defense some credit. They are very good.

Really tough to make the comparison because NC State is so much better defensively - but if Sam throws 3 interceptions again Saturday, we lose. I don't think those interceptions were because of great defensive play; they were bad/forced throws

Really tough to make the comparison because NC State is so much better defensively - but if Sam throws 3 interceptions again Saturday, we lose. I don't think those interceptions were because of great defensive play; they were bad/forced throws
Would you feel better about it if it were 2 Ints and a turnover on downs? Because on INT was absolutely just a force it because it's 4th down situation. The first one was a terrific defensive play. I don't expect unc with a bevvy of injuries on their DL to get pressure resembling that dialed up by state or louisville.

UVA completely sucks and the Heels needed a bogus call to beat them.

We should expect to win the game on Saturday as we have a better team than UNC.

Stop putzing around and go win the damn game.

I don't know, several said we should expect to win the last 2 weeks as we have the better team. I think our guys need to come in with the underdog chip on their shoulders like it's them against the world.

Wake needs to beat the brakes off the Holes for a myriad of reasons. It will temporarily stop all of the verbal fellatio over Drake Maye. It will be a good win, over a ranked conference foe, to get the Deacs back on track and stop the skid. And above all it will feel really good to beat the Holes after dropping last year's game. I want to leave Groves on Saturday nite with a huge smile while being surrounded by a bunch of angry pricks wearing penny loafers and baby blue polos.

Would you feel better about it if it were 2 Ints and a turnover on downs? Because on INT was absolutely just a force it because it's 4th down situation. The first one was a terrific defensive play. I don't expect unc with a bevvy of injuries on their DL to get pressure resembling that dialed up by state or louisville.

We can't turn the ball over. UNC and NCSU are basically inverses of each other. I expect we will need to score 40 to win and that is with no turnovers gifting them a short field (and taking a possession away from us).

I don't know, several said we should expect to win the last 2 weeks as we have the better team. I think our guys need to come in with the underdog chip on their shoulders like it's them against the world.
I, for one, thought we were better than State and expected us to win. I mean, anyone who watched State's offense the past few weeks should have thought the same. Road game v. rival or not. I have dialed down my expectations until Wake rights the ship, but there appear to be some systemic issues (mediocre OL play, running game scheme) that could be tough to fix.

Wake needs to beat the brakes off the Holes for a myriad of reasons. It will temporarily stop all of the verbal fellatio over Drake Maye. It will be a good win, over a ranked conference foe, to get the Deacs back on track and stop the skid. And above all it will feel really good to beat the Holes after dropping last year's game. I want to leave Groves on Saturday nite with a huge smile while being surrounded by a bunch of angry pricks wearing penny loafers and baby blue polos.
Well said.

Am I foolishly hopeful to see this as the reverse of last year, when we had a lot to play for and they played spoiler for our undefeated record and NY6 bowl hopes?
Cause the “shoe is on the other foot” this week.

And I’m looking for tickets if anyone has any extra.

PM Sent.

U*NC also needed the worst chop block call of all time to beat Duke. Moral of that story is as it has ever been—don’t give the refs the chance to take it away from you when the Holes are involved. If they can, they will.

Last edited:
People clowned that sideline reporter for asking Clawson after BC why the offense struggled. She was right. Sure they scored 43 vs. BC but only 42 the next two weeks.
People clowned that sideline reporter because it was a blatantly stupid question. She asked "Offensively, what would you say the team needs to clean up after this performance?" It was beyond ignorant. We had just scored 43 points in a 43-15 win. Sam went 25/40 for 313 and 5 TDs with 1 INT. We ran for 115 yards, which decreased after multiple kneel downs.

Her question did not become smart because we struggled the next two weeks. I think she thought she was talking to BC's coach.

It wasn’t a clean offensive performance if you watched the game.

Look at the running game. First of all, 112 yards on 27 RB carries isn’t great. Then you look closer and see that each RBs longest carry accounted for at least half their yards. For example, Ellison had 9 car for 36 yards with a long of 18. So he had 8 car for 18 yards otherwise.

It was a bad question to ask a winning coach right after a game about that specific game. It wasn’t a bad question about the offense going forward. It was a question Clawson needed to answer and he didn’t.

I, for one, thought we were better than State and expected us to win. I mean, anyone who watched State's offense the past few weeks should have thought the same. Road game v. rival or not. I have dialed down my expectations until Wake rights the ship, but there appear to be some systemic issues (mediocre OL play, running game scheme) that could be tough to fix.
Based on prior peformance WF thought we should beat Lville and State but we got their best shot. WF is not prepared to consistently take the best shot from their opponents. FSU came close to doing it but they came up short. Clemson, Lville and State gave us their best shot and hence, an L in each game for the Deacs. If Liberty truly had P5 talent we would be 5-4 now.

Our OL play regressed after the bye week which has affected our RBs and QBs very demonstrably. DL play has come up short too many times as well.

UNCCH, just like State, Clemson and Lville will give WF their best shot of the season. Don't count on the Deacs to surprise anyone this Saturday either, unfortunately.

Maybe 6-3 Wake needs to get 8-1 UNC their best shot of the season.

Based on prior peformance WF thought we should beat Lville and State but we got their best shot. WF is not prepared to consistently take the best shot from their opponents. FSU came close to doing it but they came up short. Clemson, Lville and State gave us their best shot and hence, an L in each game for the Deacs. If Liberty truly had P5 talent we would be 5-4 now.

Our OL play regressed after the bye week which has affected our RBs and QBs very demonstrably. DL play has come up short too many times as well.

UNCCH, just like State, Clemson and Lville will give WF their best shot of the season. Don't count on the Deacs to surprise anyone this Saturday either, unfortunately.
Well said.

Maybe 6-3 Wake needs to get 8-1 UNC their best shot of the season.
Good to see that Coach Clawson is finally talking about coaching in relationship to the offense's slow starts this year. Maybe that will help in years to come as much as now.

I keep having this crazy notion that when we lose to Carolina, a hated rival and in repeatedly horrible fashion, we’re going to gain both experience and motivation not to let it happen again. And yet for several years now this just doesn’t seem to be coming to pass.

Back