• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Belk Bowl Seating and Tailgating Locations

My son, not a Wake alum, bought tickets from the Bowl as a Christmas gift. He was asked whether he was Wake or TAMU? Doesn‘t the Bowl count those as well?

That's a strong piece of evidence there. If the bowl is asking affiliation then they know and record the numbers of Wake oriented people buying tickets. I'd say that takes the onus off of low level DC fans settling for bad seats to support Wake.

Yes, there are "official" tickets bought through the school, and then "unofficial" number of fans.

Bowls want as much information as possible when making an informed decision on who to select.

There have been multiple people who have worked for the DC who have posted this on here in the past few years, and Ron Wellman has sent out an e-mail every year detailing why it is important to buy tickets through the school.

If you choose to believe that this is just a racket by the DC to get tickets bought through Wake then it is your right to (foolishly I would say) believe this.

Nobody is saying that bowls do not take into consideration official and unofficial numbers, but the amount of tickets that they give to the school is of utmost importance to the bowl and the school going.

If you choose to believe that this is just a racket by the DC to get tickets bought through Wake then it is your right to (foolishly I would say) believe this.

Pretty sure buying through wake gives wake a cut of the ticket sale, no? Maybe that's why it's so important to Wake, and why the tickets are more expensive?

I actually think ratings matter more to a bowl than seats sold. I learned from talking to a few bowl reps for ACC bowls, keeping your sponsors happy is the main focus. They implied ratings were monitored closely by the sponsor. Next is seats sold, but I still don't understand why a bowl would care whether wake fans bought through the school rather than the bowl. All they care about is overall tickets sold. I don't think they care if wake is getting a cut of the ticket sale, and doubt they would blacklist us if 75% or more of our fan base didn't buy from wake's allotment, but we still had a great turnout overall.

Last edited:
Another reason that Wake likely pushes folks to buy (which is slightly countering my earlier point) is that the ACC gets X amount of tickets for a bowl and any tickets not sold have to be bought by the school anyway.

I am pretty sure those numbers have been reduced by bowls lately because of unhappy schools eating that money.

I have noticed initial allotments have gone down over the years. They used to be around 12,000. Now 8,500?

In conclusion, I'd buy from the school if I could. I don't mind Wake getting a cut and helping out if I can and I like the view from the endzone. but I'm not sure I'll be able to attend yet. Potential Work conflict (That 1:00 kickoff killed me). So I'll likely buy tickets late if I can get out of it.

yeah yeah, I should buy the tickets anyway to help our allotment even if I can't go. Pretty sure my 2 tickets won't affect our bowl chances next year, and I realize that's selfish.

Occam’s Razor: neutral ticket reps ask for your school affiliation so they can get you seats closer to the school block.

Wake gets the processing fee, but they also have process and people to pay to answer the phone, allocate tickets, etc.

lol my group of 3 is bringing about 130k in student loan debt for our Wake degrees, so the DC will just have to do without our $230 for shitty upper level corners.

I am sure they are fine with that.

Nobody is saying that somebody in serious debt should splurge on something that is fiscally irresponsible if it doesn't work.

The primary point initially was for those who can do so to buy through Wake because it proves helpful when schools buy their official allotment.

If y'all just gave the absolute minimum for like five years and stopped whining you'd have a pretty decent rank. Especially with all the idiots losing all their consecutive year bonus points while protesting [Redacted].

I am sure they are fine with that.

Nobody is saying that somebody in serious debt should splurge on something that is fiscally irresponsible if it doesn't work.

The primary point initially was for those who can do so to buy through Wake because it proves helpful when schools buy their official allotment.
Yeah. For all the people with expendable cash, you could just resell your DC tickets to Wake fans at a loss and still probably use the money to get better seats off Stub Hub

lol my group of 3 is bringing about 130k in student loan debt for our Wake degrees, so the DC will just have to do without our $230 for shitty upper level corners.

yo but where are our seats tho, let's bring this thread back ON TOPIC

461d5c8933c9632690e2613824c5913d.jpg

33 full for Wake vs. 23 full vs. Texas A&M
7 partial for Wake vs. 2 partial for A&M

I just grouped all the partials together, but a partial of 516 or 517 is obviously better than whatever they have going on at 345 and 344, not to mention our end zone allotment.

Looking good even without the unofficial tickets, which will almost certainly favor Wake I would have to guess.

Back