• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ben Carson

Apparently Carson described Obama as a psychopath while speaking with a reporter. Palin's no brain surgeon, but her political instincts were good enough to realize bagging on HRC wasn't helpful. One conservative theory on Carson is that he'd draw more than the traditional 15% of Black votes that GOP presidential candidates receive. Given that Obama received more than 90% of the Black vote both times, calling Obama a pyschopath isn't the way to go. Moot point since Carson's won't even remotely close to the 2016 general election.

Yeah IIRC it was while he was watching the State of the Union with one of his close advisors and a reporter.

Apparently Carson described Obama as a psychopath while speaking with a reporter. Palin's no brain surgeon, but her political instincts were good enough to realize bagging on HRC wasn't helpful. One conservative theory on Carson is that he'd draw more than the traditional 15% of Black votes that GOP presidential candidates receive. Given that Obama received more than 90% of the Black vote both times, calling Obama a pyschopath isn't the way to go. Moot point since Carson's won't even remotely close to the 2016 general election.

What swing state would getting 15% of black voters help Republicans get?

I just don't understand the effort spent talking about Ben Carson.

Carson is the obscure band in the GOP playlist that the Republican hipsters (tea party) love to brag about because he's not part of the mainstream...yet.

Have heard the figure 17% kicked around with Carson a bit, but sounds like a bizarre mythical tipping point that some nutty Tea Partier pulled out of their ass. They don't seem to get that 51% of the Ohio vote is way more valuable than 80% of the Alabama vote.

Recruiting black voters is more about holding red states like NC and optics in swing states.

I just don't understand the effort spent talking about Ben Carson.

Non-white Pubs to be seen, but not heard from or discussed (but ideally, not seen when possible), then? Dissent from orthodoxy: the sin that dare not speak its name.

Non-white Pubs to be seen, but not heard from or discussed (but ideally, not seen when possible), then? Dissent from orthodoxy: the sin that dare not speak its name.

Weird post considering Ben Carson has his own thread that quotes him and generates discussion.

Weird post considering Ben Carson has his own thread that quotes him and generates discussion.

Feel free to completely ignore the explicit calls to dismiss/minimize/marginalize his voice. Just close your eyes and wish them away.

Don't go accusing me ! I think he's just another dude with no chance of becoming president.

Don't go accusing me ! I think he's just another dude with no chance of becoming president.

It's okay. Some of my best friends are rich white Dems who hate black Pubs and wish they wouldn't talk in public. We're cool.

Black, Conservative, Surgeon...remove one of these descriptors (keep the other two) and he's not even on TV much less running for President.

Black, Conservative, Surgeon...remove one of these descriptors (keep the other two) and he's not even on TV much less running for President.

Feel free to completely ignore the explicit calls to dismiss/minimize/marginalize his voice. Just close your eyes and wish them away.

*coughs generally in the direction of Tampa, Florida*

I see people disagreeing with Carson. You should try to convince us why he's right. Do you agree Obama is a psychopath?

Conservatives don't believe people can distinguish between Colin Powell and Ben Carson or same sex marriage and beastiality...

Back