• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ben Carson

Non-white Pubs to be seen, but not heard from or discussed (but ideally, not seen when possible), then? Dissent from orthodoxy: the sin that dare not speak its name.

Yeah! Clearly any non-white that is a Republican is mocked relentlessly no matter if their statements are backed in reason or some bizarre looney-tunes based reality.

Signed,

18k50dfmykl36jpg.jpg
220px-Watts.JPG
Tim_Scott_%28politician%29.jpeg
MiaLove_16-240x300.png
85184-004-2670BC77.jpg
labrador-officialphoto.jpg
Governor_NewMexico.jpg
mel_martinez.jpeg
rubio-marco.jpg
D000600.jpg
brian-sandoval-1-sized.jpg

NOTE: I did not include Ted Cruz because he is also a looney-tunes reality based individual.

I see people disagreeing with Carson. You should try to convince us why he's right. Do you agree Obama is a psychopath?

If you actually read, you'd see what verbs they are using (instead of what you want to see). He's not even worthy of his platform, according to some. Remarkable.

Because when a guy born as a minority into an economically disadvantaged situation and without the much-maligned privilege somehow succeeds, we should all avert our eyes if he didn't do it the sanctioned way. We should also not listen to him at all. Nothing to see here, move along, apparently.

Last edited:
If you actually read, you'd see what verbs they are using (instead of what you want to see). He's not even worthy of his platform, according to some. Remarkable.

Do you agree with Carson that ACA is as bad as 9/11?

Examples? Please put them in bold so I'll see what you want to see instead of what I want to see.

Feel free to completely ignore the explicit calls to dismiss/minimize/marginalize his voice. Just close your eyes and wish them away.

I think I'm on record as loving this dude. I'm all in on Team Carson. I get him. And I think he'd get me.

I can't make you read the thread.

Wait... hold up.

You think somebody on these message boards:

1) Wants to stop Ben Carson from speaking
and
2) Potentially has the power to stop Ben Carson from speaking

That's so adorable! Bless your heart.

I mean, that is just so cute coming from a guy that continually tells others that they shouldn't take things said on here so seriously.

No, I don't. He should have to defend that position. But we should at least hear from him, right?

Absolutely. Let's start with the US = Nazi Germany position.

My question was if he was a black conservative, or a black surgeon, or a conservative surgeon, would he be in the discussion to become President? We will leave the absolute lack of any public service and apparent insanity out for the time being.

Keep in mind a conservative optometrist is probably running.

The people who should be most invested in keeping Carson from speaking are moderate 'Pubs interested in rehabilitating the GOP brand and regaining the White House. Partisan Dems want to give Carson the biggest and loudest microphone available.

I'm pretty sure the optometrist is at least a one-term senator.

The people who should be most invested in keeping Carson from speaking are moderate 'Pubs interested in rehabilitating the GOP brand and regaining the White House. Partisan Dems want to give Carson the biggest and loudest microphone available.

The left's love affair with minorities who experience unsanctioned success and gathered the "wrong" lessons from their own lives is well-documented. We should talk about their experiences as infrequently as possible. If too many of them work their way into the Ivy Leagues, better start red-lining. You can't take any chances, ya know.

Back