• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best “meal prep” meals

I’ve made this before and it’s a great option plus obviously incredibly easy. The chicken is super flavorful even reheated. You can use it a bunch of ways in tacos or over rice.

I just cooked enough baked spaghetti with veggie pasta and ground chicken to last for 3 days. My kids never get the good stuff so they have no idea what they’re missing.

I'll second the lasagna and baked ziti options. Both freeze well. Just put them in portion sizes in the freezer.

Same with spaghetti sauce. Make a vat of it, portion it out for freezing. Boil noodles, heat sauce. Dinner. Make a salad if you have time.

Does your fam eat salmon? Super easy and quick to throw under the broiler. NYT recipe I found: salt and pepper; then put some dijon mustard and olive oil (2 parts oil to 1 parts mustard) on it.

For an easy and different meal, my wife and I will thaw some shrimp from Costco with the pre split shells....olive oil and spice them, skewer and grill. Other than thaw time, about a 10 minute prep. Add a green vegetable and some frozen mashed califlower...easy healthy dinner.

For an easy and different meal, my wife and I will thaw some shrimp from Costco with the pre split shells....olive oil and spice them, skewer and grill. Other than thaw time, about a 10 minute prep. Add a green vegetable and some frozen mashed califlower...easy healthy dinner.

We do shrimp and homemade cauliflower "grits" all the time. Delicious and pretty healthy, as long as we don't go too heavy on the butter/milk with the cauliflower. Shrimp not so good for meal prepping though, as they get pretty rubbery and smelly reheated.

Left over pizza, better cold or reheated?

I'm a cold pizza guy.
I've probably said this 5 times on these boards, but reheated pizza in the toaster oven (ours even has a "Pizza Bake" function) is better than the night you get it, and certainly far better than cold.

Note: this is for takeout pizza and not high quality Neapolitan type stuff served fresh from an oven.

We do shrimp and homemade cauliflower "grits" all the time. Delicious and pretty healthy, as long as we don't go too heavy on the butter/milk with the cauliflower. Shrimp not so good for meal prepping though, as they get pretty rubbery and smelly reheated.

I've probably said this 5 times on these boards, but reheated pizza in the toaster oven (ours even has a "Pizza Bake" function) is better than the night you get it, and certainly far better than cold.

Note: this is for takeout pizza and not high quality Neapolitan type stuff served fresh from an oven.
Need deets on this please! Can this be done with frozen riced cauliflower?

Back