• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best “meal prep” meals

Anything like baked ziti, lasagna, etc. can be prepared and frozen for reheating. Don't cook the pasta all the way (I try to stop a bit before al dente) and add a little bit of extra liquid to the sauce.

Some nights chicken quesadillas with rice and beans are our best friend.

Frozen meatballs are also great. Use them with pasta or as a standalone easy protein source. Meatball subs, etc. are easy.

I've also been known to do a baked potato bar and have broccoli or something with it (either on the potatoes or on the side).

Salsa chicken in the crockpot is also an easy and solid protein source. Use for tacos, burritos, or on top of greens for a taco salad. Chicken breasts and a bottle of salsa, your choice.
We do the salsa chicken in the slow cooker all the time. It's super easy, works for a lot of things, and kids like it.

Need deets on this please! Can this be done with frozen riced cauliflower?
Probably. We use a big head of cauliflower, boil for 8-10 min, roast for ~5 min (not necessary but dries up some of the moisture), and then hit it with an immersion blender, butter, chicken broth, and milk until it reaches the desired consistency.

It's not the best, but it's the best for you.

Fresh with the right spices is pretty good. Reheated, far less so.

I'll also do sardines (drained) with champagne vinegar, salt, pepper and parsley on a piece of whole wheat bread.
So you're a serial killer.

It's not the best, but it's the best for you.

Fresh with the right spices is pretty good. Reheated, far less so.

I'll also do sardines (drained) with champagne vinegar, salt, pepper and parsley on a piece of whole wheat bread.
talk to me more about the sardine thing. that sounds amazing

Back