• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best 90’s Rock Radio Band

Which of these 90’s bands was the best?

• Total voters
Saw Smashmouth play All-Star publicly for the first time at Ziggy's. My friends HS Ska band opened for them, and it was maybe 2 weeks before Shrek came out in theaters.
Collective Soul is another band that should be on the list. Saw them at Ziggy’s during my time at Wake.

Old Ziggy's was amazing. I forgot the name of the record store by Hanes Mall, but we'd go there and buy tix for $20. Saw so many great bands there. Most of them sought Ziggy's out in between larger Coliseum shows.

Old Ziggy's was amazing. I forgot the name of the record store by Hanes Mall, but we'd go there and buy tix for $20. Saw so many great bands there. Most of them sought Ziggy's out in between larger Coliseum shows.
Old Ziggy’s was amazing. Saw so many good bands there.

Are you talking about the store in the Toys R Us shopping center? I loved hunting CDs there.

Old Ziggy’s was amazing. Saw so many good bands there.

Are you talking about the store in the Toys R Us shopping center? I loved hunting CDs there.
Yes. I knew of Peaches, but I don't think that was the name of it.

Human Clay was released in 99. Creed not making the poll is an act of violence.

I saw Creed in like 8th grade. I think Human Clay had just come out. Sevendust opened—I fucking loved them.

Lol, Matchbox 20 on a list of best 90s bands.
I clicked matchbox 20 in part because I use a s/s of Rob Thomas in the 3AM video for like half of my internet avatars

mad season coming out in 2000 should invalidate them here though. can't be a 90s band with one 90s album

Saw Smashmouth play All-Star publicly for the first time at Ziggy's. My friends HS Ska band opened for them, and it was maybe 2 weeks before Shrek came out in theaters.
All Star came out a few years before Shrek

I did hear that Soul Asylum were a pretty good band and that their one song, run away train, was very different than their usual stuff…but I never bothered to verify.
Someone to Shove is a good song, and Misery is not bad (though similar in style to Runaway Train).

I was between Bush and Offspring here. Even though I've had a bit of a Bush revival lately, and Greedy Fly is a great forgotten song, Smash was a pivotal album in my musical development.

So much to unpack.

I'm not sure there has ever been another front man with as much unwarranted pretentiousness as Scott Stapp. What a tool. #facts

Live played a show after mental jewelry and right before throwing copper. Tiny on campus (not wake) venue. Apparently they were tools that were pissed with the ladies of the student production team for not banging them. #hearsay

They had 2 really good 90s albums and a third that was solid though. No other on this list had anything close.

Everclear has done pretty well for themselves.

As others said bush is the other group with a full fledged good record.

Bummer for the gin blossoms test they get one album out and their songwriter od's. Good for them for continuing to tour on one album's worth of work.

Last edited:
Back