• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Beer States

To bump this thread Thrillist ranked every state by its beer. Don't necessarily agree with Oregon over Cali but I pretty much agree with the general placement of every state on this list.

rom the coastal Pelican to the high desert’s 10 Barrel, mid-state’s Ninkasi, Southern Oregon’s uncleverly named Southern Oregon Brewing, Mt. Hood’s Double Mountain... basically, if you enter a city or town in Oregon without a solid brewery, you’ve probably crossed into Washington or Idaho. Or maybe the capital of Salem... which sucks.

so, so true. salem sucks.

Most of the Asheville area.

odd that they didn't mention Wicked Weed or Asheville at all. And that they didn't include NoDA or Olde Hickory, which are (imo) superior to Fullsteam, Big Boss, Highland, and Mother Earth.

RE: Sexual Choc - Do you like other American Imperial Stouts? It's one of my favorite styles.

Intuition out of Jax is mighty good too.

Although not the best, Georgia certainly holds it damn own. Sweetwater, Terrapin, Monday Night, Red Brick, Red Hare, Jailhouse, Jekyll.

Red Hare is probably my favorite Georgia brewery. Not only is it in my hometown of Marietta, but I :heart: Gateway IPA & Long Day Lager so hard!

odd that they didn't mention Wicked Weed or Asheville at all. And that they didn't include NoDA or Olde Hickory, which are (imo) superior to Fullsteam, Big Boss, Highland, and Mother Earth.

Probably has to do with distribution a little bit.

I agree with all of that except Mother Earth. Mother Earth is fantastic.

They also missed Duck Rabbit.

Red Hare is probably my favorite Georgia brewery. Not only is it in my hometown of Marietta, but I :heart: Gateway IPA & Long Day Lager so hard!

Good stuff.

I need to add Orpheus Brewing and Wild Heaven to that list of Georgia brews. Orpheus is really good, the only brewer of sours I know around these parts and maaaaaaan it is TASTY. Plus they are a stones throw from the casa.

I agree with all of that except Mother Earth. Mother Earth is fantastic.

They also missed Duck Rabbit.

Agree on the Duck Rabbit. The Milk Stout is considered the quintessential milk stout by many

Left Hand is better, especially nitro, but Duck Rabbit is really good.

It's funny I actually had both last night. Duck Rabbit has the better start and Left Hand has the better body and finish in my opinion.

Back