• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best College Basketball Game You Attended

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
Piggy backing on RJ's greatest players thread. What's the greatest college basketball game or performance you witnessed from the crowd?

Wake at UNC Dec 2003 Triple OT
Duke at Wake 2003 Double OT

Just getting those out of the way.

I was at the Wake/Duke 2OT game. I had tickets behind the bench for the UNC game from one of the players but for some unknown fucking reason I went to a Christmas party with my wife's family. The real kicker is they lived in Chapel Hill. FML, I'm still pissed about that one.

The game where Alvis Rogers hit the jumper to beat Ralph Sampson's Cavaliers was pretty fun.

1996 ACC Championship Game

Was also at both of these. And they probably would be my top two as well.

I'd also throw in a NWT game between Davidson and Charlotte the year that Curry took them to the Elite 8. Steph and my BOI Leemire Goldwire traded threes the entire second half with both finishing with close to 40. My Niners ended up winning by 3 or 4 points. It was a really fun game to be at.

The Duke 03 game was incredible.

Also the 95 win in Chapel Hill late in the season was a mondo game.

The 77 game in the GSO Coliseum between Wake and UNC-C.

1993 against UNC in the Joel. Rodney unleashes a 360. Randolph blows a tight game wide open with 6 straight 3's early in the 2nd half. I literally thought the roof would be raised. Wake destroys the eventual NCAA champs 88-62

The Kansas home game in 2001 when we just blew them off the court.

That team looked unstoppable early in the year.

Back