• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best defensive preformance by a WFU big man since Duncan

I counted 8 blocks (guys always get shortchanged) 3 alters and 3 goal tends.

Ty Walker is good at DEFENSE.

Chase Fischer - KEEP SHOOTING!

Big E tearing Shelden Williams a new asshole says hi.

But a very nice game, albeit against pretty crappy competition.

Edit: sorry, I missed the word defensive. E's anal tearing was more of the offensive variety iirc. Of course, most anal tearing is pretty offensive. But I digress.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the 11 rebounds more, also decent passing and blocking shots and controlling where they went on some of those blocks is a huge improvement. Wish he had redshirted when Dino asked him but he has played pretty decent this year.

what part of SINCE Duncan are you not understanding?

I missed it at first. I don't know if that really changes much.

As myself and others have pointed out, we've had a few really amazing post defenders since Duncan. Just because Ty plays well in rec league games doesn't mean that he's Duncan-good... :squint:

I missed it at first. I don't know if that really changes much.

As myself and others have pointed out, we've had a few really amazing post defenders since Duncan. Just because Ty plays well in rec league games doesn't mean that he's Duncan-good... :squint:

No one said he was Duncan-good. I said....

O never mind.

He also managed to airball 2 dunks today (he was fouled on one). Great defensive performance but he was much more dominant at Maryland.

He also managed to airball 2 dunks today (he was fouled on one). Great defensive performance but he was much more dominant at Maryland.

I think he (and the team as a whole) did a better job of shutting down their inside game. Again, BC is not as good as MD but they had no inside game when Walker was in there today.

If only we could play Carson at the 4, with Walker at the 5. Then Carson could actually show his mythical faceup game, instead of being chained under the basket like a Basketball Prometheus, with mediocre, opposing post players coming to eat his liver twice a week.

Last edited:
If only we could play Carson at the 4, with Walker at the 5. Then Carson could actually show his mythical faceup game, instead of being chained under the basket like a Basketball Prometheus, with mediocre, opposing post players coming to eat his liver twice a week.

:thumbsup:

"Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you are no Jack Kennedy."

Still, it just doesnt sit quite right to mention the two in the same sentence. Just sayin'.

I actually think the way they position themselves for blocked shots is very similar. Duncan was more consistent and smarter about it but they look a lot alike in the way they approach blocking shots.

Goes without saying but Tim Duncan was freaking amazing. He was as good at blocking shots as anyone in the game AND he could rebound AND he could post up AND he could face the basket. Amazing. The coolest part about him as a player is the first thing he would say (and probably still does) about his game was "I can't shoot free throws".

Skins thinks that Ty Walker is as good as Duncan!!!!!!

After watching in person from the 4th row, he had more than 6. Whatever they credited him with, the real number was no question more than 6 . I had 9-10 plus the goaltends and a few others that were either changed or not even attempted. Dominant presence. It's baffling that he wasted 3 years and frustrating that he didn't redshirt to give him one more after this year, but well done by Mr Walker today. I hope to see that kind of presence the remainder of the season.

I've dug holes for myself like this before. It all starts out with the best of intentions and then...

Ty was huge today. If he plays like that for the rest of the season he'll make good money overseas.

Back