• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best defensive preformance by a WFU big man since Duncan

After watching in person from the 4th row, he had more than 6. Whatever they credited him with, the real number was no question more than 6 . I had 9-10 plus the goaltends and a few others that were either changed or not even attempted. Dominant presence. It's baffling that he wasted 3 years and frustrating that he didn't redshirt to give him one more after this year, but well done by Mr Walker today. I hope to see that kind of presence the remainder of the season.

Yeah, and at least one of those goal tends was bs. You were at the game today? That's some serious dedication to make it through all that snow. At tip off it looked like hardly anyone was there. We've had some bad crowds in the Joel but nothing like that.

Chuck Nevitt played in the NBA, so anything is possible.

Ty getting an overseas pro contract is a no brainer.

Ty and Co better bring the A game against Mr. Bernard James. Now thats a man.

There are second level pro leagues where he can average 10-15 ppg on follows ind FTs.

I just wiki'd Duncan, was he unusually young in college? He's only 5 years older than me but graduated 6 years earlier.

I just wiki'd Duncan, was he unusually young in college? He's only 5 years older than me but graduated 6 years earlier.

Yes. He was.

I'm not sure if JHo would count as a big man or not (ah the dilemma of how to label a small forward), but he had some outstanding defensive games. His greatest strength, though, was probably his perimeter shot blocking. Not many players have that skill, but he was phenomenal at it.

It goes without saying that when Ty plays well like this Wake is a good basketball team.

I say we have a chance to be competitive when Ty plays well, and almost none when he doesn't. When he plays well, and when the point guard is effective so that Wake can run sets getting CJ and Chase open to shoot, yeah, we can be very competitive. McKie et al are fairly constant with their games. The difference is really at center and at point.

Good is a different level, but we're moving in the right direction.

I'm not sure if JHo would count as a big man or not (ah the dilemma of how to label a small forward), but he had some outstanding defensive games. His greatest strength, though, was probably his perimeter shot blocking. Not many players have that skill, but he was phenomenal at it.

I'd say definitely not a big man. I wouldn't even count Aminu or James Johnson as big men.

Walker and Loren Woods are by far the two most misused/disappointing talents to come through Wake hoops since I have been watching. Both had the potential to be real game changers. Such a shame.

Walker and Loren Woods are by far the two most misused/disappointing talents to come through Wake hoops since I have been watching. Both had the potential to be real game changers. Such a shame.

I can't say they were misused. Ty is still his own worst enemy for the problems he's had, same thing with Loren Woods.

With that said, very impressed with the energy and effort Ty's brought since he came back from suspension. When he plays like he did Saturday, we're a much better team, no question.

I will say Ty sounded well spoken and humble after the game in the TV interview as well.

Mckie and Ty represented WFU well with their thoughtful comments - actually sounded really intelligent and made me proud especially since they both said "thank you" to the interviewer as well. So nice not to hear all the duh uhm ya know junk.

Poor sound quality, but Ty started explaining "seeker dribbling" in the post game, and I was like damn, not bad, I'd like to hear more of that.

I'd say definitely not a big man. I wouldn't even count Aminu or James Johnson as big men.

Teams are divided into bigs and guards for drills and other workouts. So, yes, AFA and JJ were definitely bigs. I assume what you meant was that they are not centers.

Teams are divided into bigs and guards for drills and other workouts. So, yes, AFA and JJ were definitely bigs. I assume what you meant was that they are not centers.

I meant what I posted.

For the intents of this thread (or for most any other discussion), there are more than two classifications of players. Both Aminu and Johnson were combo forwards (recruited as SFs) who played more on the wing than in the post, on both ends.

Last edited:
Back