• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best man gifts

tiltdeac

Reaction score
Anyone have any good ideas? Two guys (one is officiating the wedding, the other is my best man). Both are mid/late 20s with the usual interests.

Not looking to break the bank, but I'd be willing to spend a little more if it were a particularly awesome gift.

Last edited:
My best man (my brother) got the same thing as all my groomsmen. I bought them nice Dopp Kits (http://www.ebags.com/product/dopp/admiral-travel-kit/75029?productid=947038) and then had a fairly nice bottle of single malt scotch inside of them. Whole thing less than $150, and they get two pretty nice things out of it, one that will last and one that (hopefully) won't.

Only downside was having to pick scotches based on the size of the bottle rather than on preferences (there were limits, of course) but it still went over really well.

my brother-in-law is really into soccer (as were his groomsmen) and got married at the beach...he got all the guys beach towels with their team crest, oakleys, and some kind of fancy flip flop (similar to rainbows)

but I think liquor will make a good gift. a nice bottle of scotch (or something...) and a new set of drinking glasses.

or...new poker sets.

My buddy got us 24 oz beer mugs engraved with our monograms.

Really nice, manly lighter that has initials on them (don't smoke, but smoke a pipe/cigar occasionally).

My best friend from college gave us one of these and I still use it when I smoke a bowl of NC tobaky

We had a winter wedding, so we were able to do something a little different for gifts. My husband got a pair of leather gloves and a scarf for each groomsman. He also got them each a t-shirt from Target (they had a bunch of fun shirts with different 80s TV shows, beer logos, etc etc). The last part of the gift I thought was pretty cool and the guys all seemed to like them:

P3476_m.jpg

This is the picture of the "women's" version, so the ones we got were black, but they're camping chairs/coolers with a monogram.

My buddy got us 24 oz beer mugs engraved with our monograms.

The best part of this gift was that after we picked up our tuxedos we went to his house to grill and play bocce and the mugs were already in the freezer ready for us.

I feel like guys usually get the short end of the stick in this, but my fiance def needs suggestions. The girls always get better stuff.

Got all mine the camping chair/coolers above, and inside got them each a bottle of their favorite liquor and a monogrammed bathrobe. Went over pretty well.

I'm doing flasks engraved with each one's name.

I did this for mine. I then filled them up with their favorite liquor and we had something to drink before the wedding (it was a 5 pm wedding, plenty of time for one flask).

In addition, I took my guys white water rafting and paid for it. A material gift is good, but I recommend you make sure to do something memorable with all your guys as well. Camping, rafting, ball games, etc. The last wedding I was in, we went to Sweetwater and Terrapin Breweries to tour and taste.

Back