• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best man gifts

This is the problem with cufflinks - great gift if all of your groomsmen are likely to wear them. Otherwise they're a waste.

Agree. I would not wear them (except for tux events aka weddings). Most of my friends would not either.

I went with a set of beer glasses from their alma mater and a nice bottle of alcohol I know they like (bourbon, scotch, red wine, gin). I felt like it made it more personal than something out of a groomsman gift catalog. for my bro in law who is 20 I got him (publicly) a cookbook to go with his beer glasses then a small bottle of bourbon handed to him later.

I didn't make my groomsmen pay for tuxes or the traditional Indian outfits they had to wear for the ceremony (my wife is Indian and we had a traditional ceremony). As a gift, all they got were ties we asked them to wear during the reception. Kind of lame, but I saved them money, so if they wanted to buy a cool gift for themselves, they could.

I got all my groomsmen custom Bobble Heads. You send in pics of their profiles and head shots then pick out different body outfits. It was a big hit.

Groomsmen gifts I have received:
Sand wedge
Nike Dunks
Cuff Links and tie
Watch/cufflink wooden box holder
Dopp kits

I gave all of my groomsmen Buck knives 25 years ago- probably not appropriate now though, especially if they have to fly.

I didn't make my groomsmen pay for tuxes or the traditional Indian outfits they had to wear for the ceremony (my wife is Indian and we had a traditional ceremony). As a gift, all they got were ties we asked them to wear during the reception. Kind of lame, but I saved them money, so if they wanted to buy a cool gift for themselves, they could.

I did kind of the same. They bought cheap suits ($100 apiece) instead of renting tuxes, but I bought them the ties, fitted (but not custom) shirts with their initials monogramed on the cuffs, and socks to wear to the ceremony. Nothing glamorous, but their money was well spent and they end up with a full professional outfit for keeps at the end of it all.

whiskeystones.jpg

Cheap addition yet useful if they're big bourbon drinkers.

I like the poker chip idea as long as it's engraved with the name and date.
What would make a funny video is if all of the wedding party got Bobble Heads (men, women, bride and groom) and line them up on a table as if standing at the alter. Have all the women bobble heads shaking there heads yes and the men shaking their heads no. Maybe this would only be funny to guys (and only some guys at that).

I gave mine Xicar pocket knives that can be used as a cigar cutter and a money clip. Had them engraved with their initials. No one has cut off their finger tip yet.

Anyone get one of those bourbon/scotch barrels yet as a groomsman? I'm thinking about getting those for my guys since we've all been in 100 weddings so we all have the flask, beer mug, money clip, knife and cufflinks...

I'd be terrible at my new job if I didn't direct you to my website:

texasirons.com

Lots of great Best Man and Groomsman gifts available!

(or something like that)

Reactions: Go
I did personalized whiskey decanters. People seemed to really like them. Can PM you the info if you're interested, really nice company.

Back