• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best man gifts

my brother-in-law is really into soccer (as were his groomsmen) and got married at the beach...he got all the guys beach towels with their team crest, oakleys, and some kind of fancy flip flop (similar to rainbows)

but I think liquor will make a good gift. a nice bottle of scotch (or something...) and a new set of drinking glasses.

or...new poker sets.

Your sister married a gay dude???

And I agree that a set of clay (not plastic) poker chips is a good gift.

One of my best friends got married and got us money clips. Dark brown leather, monogrammed, very nice.

Less than a year later another good friend of ours got married and we were both in the wedding.

He got us the exact same money clips. Dark brown leather, monogrammed, very nice.

What the fuck.

The best one I've gotten is a pocket knife. Never carried one before that, but it's been in my back pocket every day for the past 12+ years now. Highly useful.

Other gifts I've gotten:
blue laser keychain thing
flask
silver coozy

I gave my groomsmen each a case of homebrewed beer (3-4 varieties)

Not to sound like the girl that plans her wedding, but I've always figured I'd get my guys monogrammed cocktail glasses and there would be q bottle of very expensive bourbon while we got ready.

I feel like guys usually get the short end of the stick in this, but my fiance def needs suggestions. The girls always get better stuff.

i don't doubt that this is normally the case. but the girls definitely got the short end of the stick in my brother's wedding. the guys all got flasks with their initials engraved. for the girls, my sister-in-law got us these itty bitty little backpack things. i am SUPER outdoorsy and not hard to please when it comes to gifts. but the stupid backpack wasn't even big enough to be the bag that i leave at the bag check during my races, much less big enough to actually use as a day pack when i go hiking. what am i supposed to do with it?

one thing that was cool was one wedding the groom got individualized gifts for all of us groomsmen.

one guy got some kind of scotch bottle and fancy decanter or something like that

i was playing a ton of poker at the time so I got a set of really nice clap poker chips and my initials engraved on the fancy case they go in

it was cool compared to the usual generic stuff everyone gets (not that those are bad gifts, i had just been in a ton of weddings leading up to that one)

i don't doubt that this is normally the case. but the girls definitely got the short end of the stick in my brother's wedding. the guys all got flasks with their initials engraved. for the girls, my sister-in-law got us these itty bitty little backpack things. i am SUPER outdoorsy and not hard to please when it comes to gifts. but the stupid backpack wasn't even big enough to be the bag that i leave at the bag check during my races, much less big enough to actually use as a day pack when i go hiking. what am i supposed to do with it?

Ehhh, that really isn't a great one. I am getting my girls (and I only know of one that reads the boards and she is away right now) the jewelry that goes with their dresses, their hair and nails and then I got them all different Louis Vuitton change purse keychains. I have one and I LOVE it- it's small so it's not some clunky things, but it fits money, credit cards, etc for when you don't want to lug around a purse. Plus it's cute.

Got my groomsmen each a set of nice cufflinks with their initials on it. I'm one of the first of my friends to get married, and I figured that was an appropriate/more of adult type gift that they would get a lot of use out of in the future. I couldn't get some of the stuff or too much stuff because we have 8 attendants each.

i am doing this now. 5 groomsmen and the best man. thinking i would get all 6 the same thing. ideally i wouldve done like tix to a usa soccer match or something or a pats preseason game but i think both those would get too expensive. hoping to spend like $50 per.

The humidor idea intrigues me.

Best gift I've received from being in a wedding party was Das Boot with my name on it.

I'm leaning toward getting my groomsmen/best man a decent grill tool set, likely engraved.

have a link to the ones you got? i also like the cufflinks idea.

I am having trouble getting the Google machine to work this morning. They were Gerber, and I got a sweet deal on them from REI Outlet.

All of my groomsmen were into the outdoors, so I wanted to go with a practical gift.

One of my best friends, got flasks and a 5th of our favorite liquor for each of us. That was a good gift. Still use it.

I would encourage going practical. Had a friend get pocketwatches, and I couldn't even tell you where it is now.

I got mine leather overnight bags with their initials, and small watches that can go on a golf bag, backpack, etc. Not quite like this, but similar. Looks like they have them that you can personalize too, or you can get their favorite team, etc.

f8mQxw-h0I0OSEK7ZJLP1lpWk5RllRq7ZGXa5IAMEHEWeNPTxkgcRl4czTwkRGJAfSqUXtB4TssKEGr0vPCBNmH0GBH1WmVInwkjEEXIru9tG-M15tPnaqwdkYnoXrHhCex9EiKMK81NAOphpC6j2PcTFdEstHRyQrKjfwXirNfbOL33mGNvsLX0rQY1vG5D=s220-c

I would encourage going practical. Had a friend get pocketwatches, and I couldn't even tell you where it is now.

This is the problem with cufflinks - great gift if all of your groomsmen are likely to wear them. Otherwise they're a waste.

Back