• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best NC Beach?

The water in Wrightsville this weekend was the clearest I have ever seen in NC. Not a quiet bech by any means, but now that the vacation weekends are officially behind us (for most), Wrightsville is very quiet compared to what most are saying. With Wilmington so close and all the places to eat near by this is your best bet. Also best waves for the kids other than the outer banks. If you want quiet rent on the North End of the island. If you want really quiet, and your kids will go nuts, got to Figure Eight.

Okay, the Gable tags are usually pretty terrible but "gable votes bald head" is amazing.

Bald Head is great but way too much of a pain in the ass to get there.

truth and there's not much to do there. i'd vote either figure eight (because it's gorgeous and close enough to wilmington to have stuff to do-- and like 7 minutes to porter's neck for a good harris teeter/basic necessities) or topsail because i'm biased, but the south end is quiet, bigger beach than there used to be, and easy access to anything you'd need/bars/restaurants/grocery stores and all that stuff.

I grew up going to Atlantic Beach, so I'll say that. 45min from New Bern, 10 from Beaufort.

Drive to Cedar Island and take the ferry to Ocracoke. Takes a while to get there but IMO it's the best beach in NC. I grew up going to all of the beaches in and around Morehead City. I like that area but Ocracoke Island is a NC treasure and very unique and wonderful place.

Been to Oak Island a couple times and really enjoyed it.

I am partial to Oak Island as well. Love it there, especially in the off-season. Used to take the Weimaraners out on the beach in November and not see anyone out there at all.

I've gone to Oak Island the past 3 summers. While I like how sleepy it is, the brown, murky ocean water is a bit off putting. And of course this year there was a mothersniffing alligator in the surf.

I've gone to Oak Island the past 3 summers. While I like how sleepy it is, the brown, murky ocean water is a bit off putting. And of course this year there was a mothersniffing alligator in the surf.

Gotta stay north of the Cape Fear. Silt es no bueno.

ocrakoke is the tits but a pain to get to. Had a top five reefer night(s) there in high school getting super baked and explori g around talking about Blackbeard and shit and having beach bonfires

Back