• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Pizza you've ever had

bdz...off topic, but have you ever gone to Black Eyed Sally's in Hartford? We went several times when I lived in CT.

Yeah, we spent more time upstairs at Pig's Eye Pub. But yeah, solid place. The BBQ was mediocre. Music was better. Decent bar upstairs. In terms of Hartford bars, you can do much, much worse.

Beddia
Pizzeria Vetri

Philly's top 2

We've got a pizzeria vetri here and while I can't speak to eating at the restaurant, for delivery it's an abomination. Absolutely inedible. And I've tried a couple times thinking maybe the prior times were flukes because it's supposed to be good. Maybe it's just the kind of pie that can't stand up to delivery.

It's non-traditional pizza, and yeah, the crust may not be the best, but my favorite slice is here in Cville at Christian's - the spinach and feta with pesto sauce, artichokes, tomatoes and sauteed mushrooms. I just love that combination. There is a new pizza place in town that is supposed to be better with an oven that is special and flown in from somewhere, but I haven't tried it yet.

Pizza Garden, mid-70's. Greasy as all git-out, but post-game from Memorial Coliseum and Gene Overby alone in a booth and smoking a heater right after Skip Brown dropped 25 on somebody was almost surreal.

The Rainbow used to make the best pepperoni pizza I'd ever had. It's nothing any more.

Lomardi's is great.

There was a little cafe by the Olympic pool in Monte Carlo that made an incredible pizza fruiti di mare that was to die for. It was the size of a dinner plate with amazing sauce, cheese, fresh that day mussels, fresh that day shrimp and fresh that day calamari.

Baest in Copenhagen. Incredibly good. Significantly better than 2Amy's which is really saying something.

Baest in Copenhagen. Incredibly good. Significantly better than 2Amy's which is really saying something.

We tried to get a res at Relae when there a few weeks ago but unsuccessful. Went to Amass for lunch and Bror for dinner, though and had fantastic meals.

It's been about 21 years since I've been there but I think Mama T's pizzeria in Minneola was pretty damn good Pizza. I googled them and it looks like they've changed locations but hopefully the pizza is the same.

We tried to get a res at Relae when there a few weeks ago but unsuccessful. Went to Amass for lunch and Bror for dinner, though and had fantastic meals.

Before that we got in to Noma before it closed, think it was ranked like 4th in the world then. Easily the best meal I've ever had. It was legitimately crazy how much time and effort went into every aspect of every dish. Ralae was just picking up steam then, but there are so many incredible restaurants there.

Hell, just the Street Food warehouse place was amazing. If only it weren't brutally cold there like 75% of the year...

Similarly though Baest took what I thought was awesome before and went another step. Going somewhere that made all their own cheese, aged all their own meets, made authentic Neapolitan pizza, had the special wood burning ovens... Great. We've got that in DC. Baest is like, yeah, we do all that, but we grow our own special line of tomatoes for our sauce, use our own specially chosen heard of cows to create our cheeses, make every piece of charcuterie from a line of heirloom pigs that we raise, don't serve mozzarella over 2 hours old, and anything we can't make we import directly from elite Italian farms.

Crazy levels of effort over there.

Yeah the Street Food hall was amazing and it was nice to sit by the water while eating. We just wish we could've made friends with some Danes with a boat as there were a million people drinking and boating and it looked fun as hell.

Back