• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Pizza you've ever had

Two large pies will run you like $65 dollars though.

IMO Circle is overrated. I think Mack's in SH is better.

Paying for pizza is overrated... gotta know the right people! But seriously it's worth every cent IMHO. Perfect crust, perfect sauce, perfect cheese... damn I'm definitely getting a couple slices for lunch tomorrow.

Paying for pizza is overrated... gotta know the right people! But seriously it's worth every cent IMHO. Perfect crust, perfect sauce, perfect cheese... damn I'm definitely getting a couple slices for lunch tomorrow.

Given the time you're posting I'd bet you had a couple tonight! I almost made it down that way myself tonight.

ATL: Antico Pizza
Del Ray Beach: Pizza Rustica (props to whoever mentioned it first)
Philly: toccaneillis

PIzza preferences are so relative to how much you've had to drink, how hungry you are, and which kind of style you are partial to.

Somebody mentioned Shakespeare's in Columbia, MO. Never been there, but have heard of it. When I go to Norman, OK, my gameday stop is at Hideaway Pizza. They actually started in Stillwater and have a few restaurants spread throughout OK. Frigging loooooove their pizza, though I'm sure better pizzas exist somewhere.

Last edited:
Grew up eating Sal's Pizza in Washington Twp, NJ. Love Mac and Manco's in Ocean City, NJ. Also enjoy the different pies at Fireworks Pizza in Leesburg, VA. I recommend the Black Sheep (local lamb sausage, marinated tomatoes, spinich, feta, red onion, organic tomato sauce and balsamic glaze). They've opened a Fireworks in Arlington for all you hipsters out there.

Pepe's in New Haven is good. Connecticut is a terrible place to live, but it's an awesome pizza state. There are at least four places in West Hartford that are probably better than anything you can get in your shitty hometown.

I've got fuzzy feelings about Santarpio's in Boston, but they're not as consistent as they once were.

Had a couple of very nice pies at Co. in Chelsea a few months ago. Just tried Tony's in San Francisco and had a fine pizza, too.

bdz...off topic, but have you ever gone to Black Eyed Sally's in Hartford? We went several times when I lived in CT.

Some random spot a buddy and I stopped by in Naples on the way to catch the ferry to Capri. It was in 1997, wish I had written down the name. Would love to go back there some day. Good stuff.

lombardis NYC with pinkberry for dessert is hard to beat

Some random spot a buddy and I stopped by in Naples on the way to catch the ferry to Capri. It was in 1997, wish I had written down the name. Would love to go back there some day. Good stuff.

If it's still there (likely not) would have to be Aurelios or Cosmos. Most restaurants in Naples only last a couple of years...

Antonions by the slice on Thayer Street in Providence, RI. The chicken, bacon, ranch is like crack.

as far as DC pizza is concerned, I love 7th Hill, but a lot of that comes from the fact I can easily walk there. We, The Pizza is pretty good but their crust is a little too tough and there's too much of it on the pizza. toppings are great. I've enjoyed 2 Amys, but it's so tough to get to.

Back