• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best Restaurant in Winston

Best Restaurant

• Total voters
That's what my son did. He took his 7-year old son & 9-year old daughter. Guess I forgot I was posting on a haughty taughty Wake Forest board. Apologies for not having fine enough tastes to be suitable for WF society.

I think Firebird's is fine, but it would be pretty sad if it were the best fine dining establishment in town.

Name them.

charlotte-skyline.jpg

Noble's is the best dinner place, Carving Board is the best lunch place IMO

Texas Roadhouse. Come for the peanuts, stay for the dancing. Steaks are done good, too, s'long as they don't put pubic hair in 'em. You can always ask for it on the side, I guess ...

Well, you were pretty snotty & dismissive about it.....and if you read my initial post you will see that I didn't make any comment about how "fine" it was. I only said that my son took his family there and they liked it, and that I had never been there myself and was asking how those who had been there liked it.

How do you define "fine restaurants" anyway? By price? Where do you draw the line between fine and pretentious? Personally, I have found restaurants to have a price level breakpoint beyond which prices above a certain level result in an
inverse relationship with food that I would care to eat. Again, though, my standards are almost assuredly below the general snobbery of "Wake Forest Society" today. My blood is red, not blue.
I spent $1300 on a meal at Guy Savoy in Paris and it was worth every penny.

Well, you were pretty snotty & dismissive about it.....and if you read my initial post you will see that I didn't make any comment about how "fine" it was. I only said that my son took his family there and they liked it, and that I had never been there myself and was asking how those who had been there liked it.

bob, I've been to Firebirds about 5 times and have enjoyed my food immensely each time. IMHO, it is a nice restaurant for a very reasonable price.

Back