• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Best (Unheralded) Cover Songs

Probably not for everybody, but:

"Running Up That Hill" by Kate Bush as performed by Placebo:

And because I love Hall & Oates, here's another Rich Girl cover....Lake Street Dive is really, really fucking talented. I saw them at Red Rocks a couple years ago (opened for...Avett Brothers?). Anyway, talent for days. During Covid they recreated the Beatles rooftop concert with a bunch of good covers from that performance.

Seen Lake Street Dive I believe 3 times and they're phenomenal. Lead singer is stupid good. If you like them, another fun listen is Wild Rivers - saw them earlier this year in concert and it absolutely slapped

I was listening to Leftover Salmon covering Simple Twist of Fate this morning and it got me thinking:

What is your favorite Dylan cover? Please post your answer in the comments

I appreciate no one doing All Along the Watchtower. I was going to do Miley Cyrus singing You're gonna make me lonesome when you go, but I don't think I could stand losing Mercury and Gould as friends right now. So I am going with one that is more known as being a Joan Baez song, but was still originally a Dylan

No Jerry Garcia so far? seriously? so many from the Garcia band to choose from but this is one of my favs.

When seeing the JGB and hearing this song, I always wondered why this isn't one of the most well known pre-rock blues songs, because this always cooked so hard.

Doc & Dawg doing the Gershwin classic

I've got the masters to these sessions in the building -- part of the job. Which sounds cool (and is), but what I'll be doing with them is HEPA vacuuming mold off them, which is less glamorous.
I appreciate no one doing All Along the Watchtower. I was going to do Miley Cyrus singing You're gonna make me lonesome when you go, but I don't think I could stand losing Mercury and Gould as friends right now. So I am going with one that is more known as being a Joan Baez song, but was still originally a Dylan

No judgment from me on musical choices ever! Go with your heart.

Nico also does a "I'll Keep It With Mine" in typical Nico fashion.

I was at the Queen Jane show. That's the night they busted out Help Slip Franklins.
I saw Weir and Wolf Bros do Masterpiece earlier this year. Also have seen JRAD do a few Dylan covers: Stuck Inside of Mobile, Watchtower (Weir also did this at the show this year), Quinn the Eskimo.

I saw Weir and Wolf Bros do Masterpiece earlier this year. Also have seen JRAD do a few Dylan covers: Stuck Inside of Mobile, Watchtower (Weir also did this at the show this year), Quinn the Eskimo.
A rare Dylan cover bobby only did a couple of times.

Back