• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

Well that definitively ends the "mafia doesn't make intentional dumbtells" argument forever and always

Well that definitively ends the "mafia doesn't make intentional dumbtells" argument forever and always

It was always a dumb argument anyway, so good riddance. Any player or faction can make a mistake or a “mistake” in any circumstance.

That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t give weight to the timing/player doing it though. Players who like poetry and fake claims are much more likely to intentionally make “mistakes” than players who play fairly straight.

I get that mafia is at a disadvantage because civs dumbtell, and maybe the only way to cure that is for mafia to do it. But it ain't gonna be me. Someone has to clean the sewers though

I think there is this weird argument going on about mistakes versus dumbtells. Mistakes are things like, forgetting which night something happened or saying something and missing a post about it.

Dumbtells are generally used for people that talk about recently dead mafia night kills - that shows an almost inherent lack of paying attention that would be impossible as a mafia that just made a kill. There are some other specific circumstances, but all mistakes are not dumbtells. I would argue what Jmanslow and JTP did a couple games ago as a dumbtell, voting for a person not playing the game - but I could see the other side to that.

I didn't read whatever knight did, so I have no idea on that/those.

I think there is this weird argument going on about mistakes versus dumbtells. Mistakes are things like, forgetting which night something happened or saying something and missing a post about it.

Dumbtells are generally used for people that talk about recently dead mafia night kills - that shows an almost inherent lack of paying attention that would be impossible as a mafia that just made a kill. There are some other specific circumstances, but all mistakes are not dumbtells. I would argue what Jmanslow and JTP did a couple games ago as a dumbtell, voting for a person not playing the game - but I could see the other side to that.

I didn't read whatever knight did, so I have no idea on that/those.

I don't know about the other stuff, but based on what mako had said before dying which basically confirmed Fring as maf 1 and Salamanca as maf 2, Knight intentionally screwed up which one was which in one of his overnight posts. I saw it at the time and it had the intended effect, I didn't think Knight was mafia based on that. But it is a dumbtell because Knight would have known that he was intentionally screwing up the mafias. A civ would make that mistake and it would be potentially clearing; Knight took advantage of that.

i was sure you were either drunk or typing with your dick. Maybe both.

I'm Irish. My dick can't reach. I think you can likely tell which point I had had a couple beers last night. Never reached drunk. That's what tonight's for. Only got to "relaxed" last night.
I'm not sure if my body is sore from sitting in a chair for 3.5 days straight or the running around I did last night but I'm pretty sure this game is going to have me buying some preparation H

I don't know about the other stuff, but based on what mako had said before dying which basically confirmed Fring as maf 1 and Salamanca as maf 2, Knight intentionally screwed up which one was which in one of his overnight posts. I saw it at the time and it had the intended effect, I didn't think Knight was mafia based on that. But it is a dumbtell because Knight would have known that he was intentionally screwing up the mafias. A civ would make that mistake and it would be potentially clearing; Knight took advantage of that.

Which is fine, good job knight. Also knight didn't know is piehole from his butthole until very late in the game

we also grossly misuse the term dumbtell anyway so fuck it

we also grossly misuse the term dumbtell anyway so fuck it

Dumbtell = mistake and angle shooting = anything that frustrates us because we didn't think of it first. So it is written, so it shall be.

lol

like he would cop to otherwise

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

And maybe I missed it in their chat but those posts at gat about being so civ were not contrived. It wasn't til late that I saw them discussing him in Maf 1

75% of Mafia 2 was bym and toogs. Mako died early and ditched. NoVa never showed and knight was doing occasional drive-bys until yesterday

I just read it, the difference is, as a civ, I would not have spotted that or cared. You, as someone who was a different aligned player, noticed it.

I mean, Knight is intentionally saying he makes mistakes on purpose, which I think is ok. Intentionally making angle shooty posts is different, like coming in as mafia and voting for the person you just killed should be an auto-lynch the next game.

i read all of postgame and still can’t tell who won. I know I lost tho. Gg parlay you crazy old bastard, now go pay attn to your wife

Glad you are back and ok. Didn't know or understand what happened. Sorry if I contributed. I thought you enjoyed being a vanilla civ. I expected big things from you this game.

Dumbtell = mistake and angle shooting = anything that frustrates us because we didn't think of it first. So it is written, so it shall be.

dumbtell is actually a deliberate "mistake" and some say a form of angle shooting

75% of Mafia 2 was bym and toogs. Mako died early and ditched. NoVa never showed and knight was doing occasional drive-bys until yesterday

giphy.gif

Back