• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better Call Saul, The Mafia Game. Indies Win! Gooner, GAT and Duff

i, sir, will take that bait! Knight seemed utterly clueless at that point and Boston couldn’t stop sounding like maf. Also I knew Goon was hitting Knight. I would likely still have pushed for Boston but that made it a clear cut choice.

i called him as Toogs teammate a day or two before in M1 chat when he was painfully obviously trying to bus Toogs.

Knight had some posts that had everything so confused that I was convinced there was no way he had teammates

I have been reading this thread for far too long, but my last thought is that this was my first time being maf in a theme game, and I had a ton of fun. Gouda/tim/dv7 thanks for being great teammates and fun in chatzy. Gat thanks for being fun in chatzy and not rubbing it in our face too much lol

Didn’t see him when I was there.

Yeah parlay didn’t mean to give you a tough time. The game was overall a great set up. I personally didn’t have the best time weighing the pros and cons of the experience I had but it’s always cool to have a new setup.

I'm out on rankings. That's what really broke rommy. 77 percent or more of players are competent or better. Happy for that.

I'm out on rankings. That's what really broke rommy. 77 percent or more of players are competent or better. Happy for that.

Yeah idk that I need to vote anymore now that I’ve officially passed eagles on the rankings as best Deac on the boards BUT I do want to put my vote in for the funniest thing said in a mafia game this week for the Gouda post @ doofus “who taught you words”

I will be laughing about that for many moons

were doofus and numbers dropped on their heads as infants from the same balcony, or slightly different heights?

I had a fun time with Toogs and GoalieMom in chat. Knight was present occasionally.

I really enjoyed the game despite any hiccups and having to be mafia.

For Lalo vs. Mike, Toogs seemed to think the framing power wasn’t worth the exposure.

not having any watchers or trackers changes that in hindsight, you were right about that. framing power is a shot in the dark though, until late game

Thanks. I'm not really worried about you at this point.
We can just wait until you miss two votes to figure out what your role is and proceed from there.

“who taught you words” was hilarious but this gem from QT at Ph was the funniest thing I’ve seen in a maf game in awhile.

The Nonny kill was us looking for someone that was: 1) a good player, 2) an independent thinker, and 3) unlikely to be protected that night.

Sorry man.

You definitely found 2 and 3 but why give up on 1 so early in the game? :laugh:

Yeah idk that I need to vote anymore now that I’ve officially passed eagles on the rankings as best Deac on the boards BUT I do want to put my vote in for the funniest thing said in a mafia game this week for the Gouda post @ doofus “who taught you words”

I will be laughing about that for many moons

This is the only ranking I care about

I think it threw everyone that I came in under attack with zero posts, got completely pissed off, defended two people, and basically said fuck it. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good strategy by bym and toogs to attack me and eagles before either of us had even showed up and then come in again the second I responded.

I really felt like from the outside - and I haven’t been playing as much- that there are definite power dynamics and it is frustrating to be outside those circles. Several of you are talking about Boston’s vig hit and it buying another round... not blinding killing manning day one and trying to lynch a mafia person does the same thing. Quite honestly, he isn’t going to change his play based on you killing him day 1 for a few games. He’s still going to do what he’s going to do. Townie isn’t really in any of the power circles, he tends to think for himself. He tried very hard to make a connection between you and Duff and leave some links. Despite all he did in this game NO ONE looked at a thing he said after he died. He played as close to a perfect game as you can and you guys are all giving him props and when he was dead, he was dead. That was it. Kind of why I stopped playing, I was really frustrated the last game I played for that very reason. If you aren’t in a circle, you may get listened to here or there but that’s about it.

I came back to play for parlay and immediately got annoyed by bym of all people calling me out for not posting and then the inner circle’s self-righteous and pointless policy lynch of manning. So no, I wasn’t trying to find civs or mafia other than obviously pointing out bym and toogs were dirty as shit for what they were doing. Then when the next day started with people immediately jumping down Duff’s throat it was just more of the same shit and I wasn’t having it. It wasn’t exactly in the civs best interest to just follow the leader like lambs to slaughter... unless the people doing the leading were the cops. So I can see why you had trouble figuring out my role and why toogs and bym decide to just kill me and get me out of the game.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to QT4KU again

What about the set up made it difficult for Townie/Juice not to find each other by night 3 or 4?

It never came into play but juice would have divided the remaining unknown players for him during day 2 into 2 lists of 13 and I would have told him which list Gomey was on. If he was still unsuccessful, I would have again divided the list in half which would have left him then six names to choose from night 3 for Gomey, I was going to divide the list into thirds in continuously eliminate one of his three lists.

Last edited:
I just think traitors are dumb roles. Maybe not so bad if there is some kind of notification...it's still just a fuck you and only fun for people watching. Gooner basically got inside info from both mafias once that happened.

:tear::tear::tear:

I can’t decide if I fully agree with this or am just salty I was on the wrong end of it. I do agree that Gat should not have both been the traitor of our mafia and in control of Nacho (Toogs). We couldn’t message toogs and had to rely on Gat for the back and forth. It did not end up mattering in this game as we did not really use toogs to help our mafia, but I could see that being a big problem.

Anyway, just want to say again that this game was fun, thanks to the mods.

I don't know how I feel about them but the role fit the character. Mike might be the best character in the show. And the show is filled with great characters. Saul and Mike (and Kim) are the stars of the show and I thought it appropriate to make them the stars of this game. I'm not at all sad they won. Doing what Gat did was not easy. He was juggling a lot and trying to keep it all straight. One fuck up and it all backfires. Give the player his due. Gat was great.

Give parlay props. He made a fun creative game that managed to stick with theme of a creative show. No offense to any mods because modding is hard. But I prefer this type of theme game rather than a game where roles don't really matter and the mafia is like Francesca, Kim, Nacho, Erin, and the arts college camera crew and Gus Fring is an Angel.

In fact Mike as Indy makes the most sense, and I dabbled with it in my simulator once I knew Gat was Mike. turns out I wasn't really wrong, just wasn't right either.

He ultimately was an Indy but he did work for the mafia. Hate it, love it, call it unfair if you like. I enjoyed watching both you and gat handle your roles. It was impressive. Do you think jman lasts a night, maybe two before fucking it up and confessing? (No offense jman but you did vote for me twice in a game I didn't sign up for)

Back