• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better College Player: Jimmer or Durant?

Senior Jimmer vs Freshman Durant

• Jimmer

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Durant

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters
Let's settle this.

Yes, let's settle it with a popular vote of mostly uninformed idiots.

Throw some numbers up there, positions, heights, and the team records and how far they made it in the NCAA tournament and you might have something almost not worth throwing in the trash.

Never mind that I never said that Jimmer was better, or even as good.

You and the rest of the fucking lynch mob invented that in your little pea sized brains.

Yes, let's settle it with a popular vote of mostly uninformed idiots.

Throw some numbers up there, positions, heights, and the team records and how far they made it in the NCAA tournament and you might have something almost not worth throwing in the trash.

Never mind that I never said that Jimmer was better, or even as good.

You and the rest of the fucking lynch mob invented that in your little pea sized brains.

Nah, let's just bote.

Nah, let's just bote.

Yeah, the majority always knows what is best. Mob rule!

There's a reason we elect 435 people to represent us in the House of Representatives even though many of them are dumbasses. It's because most everyone else is an even bigger dumbass.

Sadly, this is how many people really vote. Uninformed, easily swayed by misinformation, not even interested in making an informed and principled decision.

There's a reason we elect 435 people to represent us in the House of Representatives even though many of them are dumbasses. It's because most everyone else is an even bigger dumbass.

Sadly, this is how many people really vote. Uninformed, easily swayed by misinformation, not even interested in making an informed and principled decision.

Meh, you're wrong. I'm right.

Jimmer Fredette -- 6-2 guard
BYU (32-5, 1st place in the #4 RPI ranked conference in the country, advanced to regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament)
28.9 ppg, 4.3 apg, 3.4 rpg, 45% FG, 40% 3-point, 89% FT

Kevin Durant, 6-9 forward
Texas (25-10, 3rd place in the #7 RPI ranked conference, lost in the second round of the NCAA tournament)
25.8 ppg, 1.3 apg, 11.3 rpg, 47% FG, 40% 3-pointer, 82% FT

You are very selective about the stats you choose to use. Why are you only including Jimmer's senior season? I don't think it's fair to compare Kevin Durant's one season as a rookie only to Jimmer's best season. When the argument is better college player, I think we must assess the entire body of work. Or at least as long as they were both starters.

I see you included rebounds but I also added a couple other defensive stats that you must have missed.

KD: 11.1 rebounds, 1.9 steals, 1.9 blocks, 2.5 turnovers
JF: 3.4 rebounds, 1.3 steals, 0.0 blocks, 3.5 turnovers (these are senior season numbers b/c that's what you've used but career numbers are very similar)

Also, their strength of schedule for KD's year and Jimmer's senior year were very similar. All the other years, not so much.

Texas 06-07: 53

BYU 07-08: 128
BYU 08-09: 81
BYU 09-10: 109
BYU 10-11: 49

Last edited:
Durant had one of the best seasons in college history and he was a freshman. Show Jimmer's averages in college.

349765.jpg

Two totally different arguments. Texas had a far better team than BYU, including DJ Augustin and AJ Abrams. BYU had Jimmer and no one else

Jimmer couldn't hold Durant's jock. There isn't a sane person in the worlds who could argue that Druant's year in college wasn't better than any year Jimmer had.

Durant was totally unstoppable. He got boards and even played some D.

Jimmer was nothing but a gunner.

Ok, I'll make an informed decision. I think Jimmer is/was a very good player. I watched both play...and Durant is clearly better. I didn't use any stats, insults, etc... I watched them both, Jimmer is not in the same universe... Fair and impartial enough?

Jimmer Fredette -- 6-2 guard
BYU (32-5, 1st place in the #4 RPI ranked conference in the country, advanced to regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament)
28.9 ppg, 4.3 apg, 3.4 rpg, 45% FG, 40% 3-point, 89% FT

Kevin Durant, 6-9 forward
Texas (25-10, 3rd place in the #7 RPI ranked conference, lost in the second round of the NCAA tournament)
25.8 ppg, 1.3 apg, 11.3 rpg, 47% FG, 40% 3-pointer, 82% FT

Holy crap...did you just start your case with RPI-based conference rankings? That is LOL funny. Not sure you could have shot your credibility much faster.

You are very selective about the stats you choose to use. Why are you only including Jimmer's senior season? I don't think it's fair to compare Kevin Durant's one season as a rookie only to Jimmer's best season.

Because obviously you didn't follow the thread that started this idiotic poll.

Back