• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Better College Player: Jimmer or Durant?

Senior Jimmer vs Freshman Durant

• Jimmer

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Durant

Votes: 57 83.8%

• Total voters
Holy crap...did you just start your case with RPI-based conference rankings? That is LOL funny. Not sure you could have shot your credibility much faster.

Not sure what you have against using the only rankings that we know for certain the NCAA uses in its seeding process.

Ok, I'll make an informed decision. I think Jimmer is/was a very good player. I watched both play...and Durant is clearly better. I didn't use any stats, insults, etc... I watched them both, Jimmer is not in the same universe... Fair and impartial enough?

Only if your application of empiricism is unbiased.

Kanholj, I don't think I have ever had any beef with you at all, so please, answer the question belw

you are the President of Wake Forest basketball, and you have the almighty power. I will give you 2 choices... Jimmer as a Senior, or Durant as a Freshman.... Who do you want?

Kanholj, I don't think I have ever had any beef with you at all, so please, answer the question belw

you are the President of Wake Forest basketball, and you have the almighty power. I will give you 2 choices... Jimmer as a Senior, or Durant as a Freshman.... Who do you want?

Kanhoji with authority?

cartman_cop.jpg

Actually, since some people will rationalize strengths and weaknesses of WFU to make the argument...let me change the questions...

You just opened a university..... you have a brand spanking new basketball team...your first player to be signed is either Jimmer(sr) or Durant(fr). Who are you signing?

God dammit this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

tsywake, where ya at here? You see what's happening?

I never once made the argument that Fredette was better than Durant, though I can see the rationale one would use if they wished to do so. I only said that Durant was a little better than Fredette as a senior. I don't think that's a big stretch.

And people have gone fucking apeshit and started polls and probably think I would put Durant on a spit given the chance.

There was nothing to "settle" as implied in the first post. And yet we get all this fucking foolishness from people who weren't even involved in the original thread.

And I'm the douchebag? Holy shit.

I never once made the argument that Fredette was better than Durant. Only that Durant was only a little better than Fredette as a senior. I don't think that's a big stretch.

And people have gone fucking apeshit and started polls and probably think I would put Durant on a spit given the chance.

There was nothing to "settle" as implied in the first post. And yet we get all this fucking foolishness from people who weren't even involved in the original thread.

I think I can speak for tsy and everyone else on this board. Unequivocally, no.

I never once made the argument that Fredette was better than Durant. Only that Durant was only a little better than Fredette as a senior. I don't think that's a big stretch.

Sooooooo, you would take Jimmer?

:D dude relax, why do you care so much? You have officially clarified that you want Durant over Jimmer.... ok? what's the big deal

Sooooooo, you would take Jimmer?

:D dude relax, why do you care so much? You have officially clarified that you want Durant over Jimmer.... ok? what's the big deal

Because now a bunch of idiots are likely to claim that that's different than what I said before, or proves them right, or some other manner of idiocy.

This entire thread was started to "settle" an argument I never made!

You know what this poll has shown me? that 7 people are fit for a basketball straight jacket.

This post shows me that you can't read.

It's perfectly reasonable to vote either way if you ask me.

Because now a bunch of idiots are likely to claim that that's different than what I said before, or proves them right, or some other manner of idiocy.

This entire thread was started to "settle" an argument I never made!

Ok, now that you have been clear, maybe if you stop talking about it, it won't carry on.... maybe if you stop using words like 'idiocy' people won't fight back...

why am I explaing this?

there you go, good job....you clarified.... i'm out.

I never once made the argument that Fredette was better than Durant, though I can see the rationale one would use if they wished to do so. I only said that Durant was a little better than Fredette as a senior. I don't think that's a big stretch.

Why not make this post early on, other than saying "let's settle this..." You were criticizing the method of settling an argument, never claiming an argument didn't exist.

You then proceeded to put up stats arguing your point. Upon realizing you are wrong, you now claim you never were actually arguing that point.

Good stuff.

This post shows me that you can't read.

It's perfectly reasonable to vote either way if you ask me.

Ok, now you went back on the side of insanity...

It's not perfectly reasonable to take Jimmer over Durant...at any time, in any situation, under any circumstances...ever...

It doesn't mean that Jimmer wasn't good...it's just Durant is head and shoulders better ..period.

Why not make this post early on, other than saying "let's settle this..." You were criticizing the method of settling an argument, never claiming an argument didn't exist.

You then proceeded to put up stats arguing your point. Upon realizing you are wrong, you now claim you never were actually arguing that point.

Good stuff.

Read the original thread and get off my nuts for fuck's sake.

Jesus Christ. And people actually seriously argue that I'm not targeted on this board. Holy fucking shit.

Ok, now you went back on the side of insanity...

It's not perfectly reasonable to take Jimmer over Durant...at any time, in any situation, under any circumstances...ever...

It doesn't mean that Jimmer wasn't good...it's just Durant is head and shoulders better ..period.

REad the fucking numbers fishdick. Better team performance, better tournament, better stats, worse teammates.

All this and I still never argued Jimmer had a better year. Maybe I should have.

Back