• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden/Schumer/Pelosi Accountability Thread

Pretty sure that's not the fault of a legal dispensary in the 2020s.

People have been selling weed for decades. Many of them went to prison for it.

I could see the advantage to having it made legal with those with history selling/marketing/distributing still in jail. I do think it would be a good look for some of the newer companies to be leading the push for the release and reintegration of those with marijuana charges. I would imagine many are, as I've read an article or two mentioning some of the founders had their own legal history, but I'm not too familiar with that. Obviously their push for legalization isn't for altruistic reasons but it will certainly help with getting others out of prison.

it's pretty classic American that something used to punish poor people -- mostly black -- is now going to be a boon for already-rich people, mostly white

Didn’t Biden fire people for admitting to smoking weed from his administration.

Thinking we have anything but a Neocon in office when it comes to drug policy is insane. Fuck that drug war boomer.

it's pretty classic American that something used to punish poor people -- mostly black -- is now going to be a boon for already-rich people, mostly white

I mean you could buy your pot from black owned dispensaries. But I get your opinion in general. Still way better than keeping it illegal tho.

Pretty sure that's not the fault of a legal dispensary in the 2020s.

Is this trolling or not? Clearly wealthy white people are the beneficiaries policing. It’s ridiculous to believe otherwise.

Didn’t Biden fire people for admitting to smoking weed from his administration.

Thinking we have anything but a Neocon in office when it comes to drug policy is insane. Fuck that drug war boomer.

Fired for lying about smoking weed.

Is this trolling or not? Clearly wealthy white people are the beneficiaries policing. It’s ridiculous to believe otherwise.

Not trolling at all. Dispensaries are just like any other emerging industry and decriminalization has been going on for decades.

Not trolling at all. Dispensaries are just like any other emerging industry and decriminalization has been going on for decades.

It’s not an emerging industry. It was already an industry. But now it’s legal and carved out for wealthy white people.

It’s not an emerging industry. It was already an industry. But now it’s legal and carved out for wealthy white people.

I don't post this link to disagree with your point but going back to what I said above, I do think companies within the industry are much more aware of the social impact of their industry than most others even if the governments issuing licenses are not.. This is the social equity program from one of the largest cannabis companies in the US. https://www.crescolabs.com/seed/

I don't post this link to disagree with your point but going back to what I said above, I do think companies within the industry are much more aware of the social impact of their industry than most others even if the governments issuing licenses are not.. This is the social equity program from one of the largest cannabis companies in the US. https://www.crescolabs.com/seed/

It's also creating a lot of jobs. Ph is picking the wrong people to fight with.

It's also creating a lot of jobs. Ph is picking the wrong people to fight with.

I think Ph's point is absolutely valid. I blame local, state and the national government for not addressing this from the beginning. The companies seem to be tuned in and in agreement with Ph's concerns.

Weed entrepreneur has been a job for a long time, but to get to where we are today, where traditional levers of white privilege (access to capital, legal runway, lobbying power) are only now permissibly pulled is sort of being done on the backs of a lot of long time incarcerated black people

I think Ph's point is absolutely valid. I blame local, state and the national government for not addressing this from the beginning. The companies seem to be tuned in and in agreement with Ph's concerns.

His point is valid, and you have identified the proper culprits.

So is everyone who invests in a weed business going to make money ? Is it that foolproof ? No risk, just like everything else white people invest in and never lose any money ?

I know some states are working to encourage black enterprise in the ownership of dispensaries.

But you don’t think the companies have benefited from local, state, and federal governments not addressing these issues?

That’s a weird distinction.

But you don’t think the companies have benefited from local, state, and federal governments not addressing these issues?

That’s a weird distinction.

Back