• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biden to withdraw all troops from Afghanistan by 9/11/21

American media is biased toward war for reasons I'm pretty sure I've outlined before. The most important part is that "war is good" is ingrained in the American psyche.

Only because we are exceptional.

Why did Biden take the 100% correct information he personally received from the infallible intelligence on the ground and decide to direct this drone strike on an aid worker?

Why did Biden take the 100% correct information he personally received from the infallible intelligence on the ground and decide to direct this drone strike on an aid worker?

I mean, he didn't have to order any drone strike. Especially if faulty intelligence was responsible for the clusterfuck to begin with.

I mean, he didn't have to order any drone strike. Especially if faulty intelligence was responsible for the clusterfuck to begin with.

I agree. Bombing suicide bombers just doesn’t make much sense. I think this is strong evidence why blaming Biden for the Afghanistan failure doesn’t make sense. He did the only thing right deciding to end this nonsense.

Nothing to see here. This was inevitable.

Now people are outraged over Afghan civilians being bombed via drone strikes. It's been happening for the last 12 years at least.

Having said that, it was fucked up.

oh and it was "cheaper" and "easier" to kill the terrorists by occupying the nation

Corrections:

1. much cheaper
2. much easier,
3. "a minimal but sufficient footprint to project power", vice "the nation".

There’s a decent chance Angus believes Biden steered that drone himself.

Was it the 47,228th Afghan civilian death that finally crossed the line or the fact that it happen under Biden?

hmmm-thinking.gif

Oh yeah? How many trillions of dollars would it have cost to kill them without occupation?

Many less. I think we agree that nation-building is a foolish errand. I'm more interested in threat eradication. In any event, please accept an overdue welcome to fiscal conservatism. Let's carry that forward.

Back