• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Big 12 Officials in Wake Bowl

Worst part wasn't the calls or spots, both were atrocious. The mechanics were a fireable offense. The delays, not knowing what down it was. Fans pulled from stands would have done better.

I've watched those clowns all year. They're bad even when they don't have it out for your team. The holding calls had me rolling. They haven't called those all season.

They were awful. It took them 2 minutes after they called the AT pass incomplete to spot the ball when the ref called it fourth down (it was second)

I watch a lot of MAC football. A lot. And those refs are way better than what we saw tonight. That was embarrassing.

And Clawson should have challenged several spots, but that crew was so incompetent I’m not sure it would have mattered.

Do G5 crews officiate P5 bowl games?

Moving our line of scrimmage back 7 yards randomly with NO penalty on the play was Three Stooges worthy. My wife asked if they were drinking before the game.

Moving our line of scrimmage back 7 yards randomly with NO penalty on the play was Three Stooges worthy. My wife asked if they were drinking before the game.
What? When did this happen?

Not so much about the incompetent officiating and it was incompetent, but this roughing the passer stuff has gotten ridiculous. They never showed the 2nd one called on Missouri, but the 2 before that (1 against Missouri and 1 against us) were crazy. How do they expect a 300lb defender to be in the motion of hitting the QB and stop the split second they release the ball? The physics don’t work. The incomplete call on AT after review, I guess was the right call to the letter of the rule, but the ground did not assist him in the catch. It also defies physics that if you catch a ball and fall to the ground that when the ball you have in your hands will move when it hits the ground, but if your hands never lose control of the ball it should be a catch. AT abused their “great“ cornerback last night by the way, I hope the NFL scouts noted that.

Second half. Clawson and our entire bench raised hell and they corrected before the snap
Yeah I believe this was after the AT Perry overturn down the sideline on our first possession of the second half. The ref first said "fourth down" when announcing the overturn, and then they spotted the ball at like the 32 when it should have been 2nd and 10 from the 39/40. Clawson was not a happy camper. Fortunately, after literally two more minutes of deliberations, they got down, distance, and spot correct.

Indeed. This the dude that thinks the reigning ACC coach of the year should be fired in his second "real" season in charge. His opinions aren't in line with any reality
I never said Forbes should be fired. I stated I had concerns, shared by much of our fan base. All grounded and justified, given the recent investments in the program.

Second, this thread is pointless and is the epitome of whining. Just move on. This is why God hates Wake Forest. Stop crying.

Finally, this is a message board, champ. Not all stated opinions will align with yours, however warped yours may be.

Carry on and Merry Christmas!

Back