• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest game of Bzzz era tonight?

bcobbdeacs

Reaction score
I would contend this is biggest game of Bzzz tenure, chance to win on road, get 2 game conference win streak, show continued momentum from Miami game, and have an excited fan base for a tough matchup Saturday with Maryland. Share your thoughts.

Yes it is, which is indicative of just how poor Bz's tenure has been. #Buzzout.

Bz's "biggest game" is for a 2 game conference winning streak and his 2nd ever ACC road win that has no post-season implications (besides ACC Tourney seed).

Would be HUGE if we could get up to 6-7 in conference play. #loweredexpectations

If we go out and lay another road egg against a struggling FSU team that we've already whipped at home, it should be the final nail in Bzzz coffin, that is if anyone other than Ron Wellman were making the decision.

Well with the average 21 point swing, we still win.

As someone who's 100% buzzout, i've just resigned myself to the fact that our on-court performance means a lot less than it should when it comes to bzz's future. With that in mind, it would be big for our team to win this game and give ourselves a shot at 15-15 (8-10). Lowered expectations, for sure, but I'd rather see 15-15 (8-10) with Bzz next year than 12-18 (5-13) also with Bzz next year. Fuck.

We have come to the point where every game is a referendum on the likelihood that Bz will be back next year. It's been that way most of the year, and will continue until the final loss of the season. Fans rail against the performance and howl at the moon. The cynic will observe that none of it really matters.

My guess is that if we split the next four games it's 100% that he's back. If we go 1-3, it's about 80% that he's back. 0-4, still over 50%.

This is why beating Miami was the most detrimental victory over a Top 5 team in the history of Wake Forest basketball.

Yes it is, which is indicative of just how poor Bz's tenure has been. #Buzzout.

Bz's "biggest game" is for a 2 game conference winning streak and his 2nd ever ACC road win that has no post-season implications (besides ACC Tourney seed).

The biggest game of the Bz era was Saturday when he beat #2 Miami. Hands down.

My guess is that if we split the next four games it's 100% that he's back. If we go 1-3, it's about 80% that he's back. 0-4, still over 50%.

This is why beating Miami was the most detrimental victory over a Top 5 team in the history of Wake Forest basketball.

In the words of my friend Rob, mostly when dealing with pain in the ass woman, but it still works here "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!"

He was coming back whether we beat Miami or not.

A chance to be 13-14, what a HUGE game. I'm loving these lowered expectations! Fire the moron now.

Important game, yes. Biggest game of his era, of course not.

Any home game against Duke, NC State or UNC is bigger. Home against #2 Miami was bigger. His first round game at this year's ACCT will be bigger.

If the team wins today, [Redacted] can raise his stature with fans back up to where it was after we beat NC State. I'd say that's big but hardly in the ballpark of the Miami game. Meanwhile, it will put pressure on all his his haters to come up with stronger rationalizations as to why [Redacted] still can't make Wake a winner.
It would define the Bz era as the best 2 game stretch in history. As sad as that is, I'd love to see it.

If the team wins today, [Redacted] can raise his stature with fans back up to where it was after we beat NC State. I'd say that's big but hardly in the ballpark of the Miami game. Meanwhile, it will put pressure on all his his haters to come up with stronger rationalizations as to why [Redacted] still can't make Wake a winner.
It would define the Bz era as the best 2 game stretch in history. As sad as that is, I'd love to see it.

If we win tonight that makes us 13-14 on the year. He still wouldn't even be a winner in this one season snap shot.

Meanwhile, it will put pressure on all his his haters to come up with stronger rationalizations as to why [Redacted] still can't make Wake a winner.

Only if you choose to believe the exceptions define the rule. Bzz's career speaks for itself even if there are 2-3 exceptions that folks want to grab onto. It's like Scwabber's argument that Cav is a great shooter based on the 2-3 that have gone in the basket while ignoring that he has the worst FG% on the team and the 2nd worst 3FG%.

Back