• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest game of Bzzz era tonight?

Alright, so there would be no pressure to find rationalizations, you're already prepared. Bz definitely doesn't have history on his side.

Wake +3. Just another day in the life of Bzzz and his unmatched road woes. :eek:

FSU is going to come out like mad dogs looking to avenge that embarrassment we handed them at the Joel. That plus the general Bzz inability to win on the road makes this a 10+ point FSU victory. I hope I am wrong and that the team finally gets over the road hump.

lowered-expectations.jpg

Buzzard in or out, if we win tonight the Joel will be rockin for MD! CP3 will have the place full!

I am prepared for a meltdown, however.

Last edited:
Miami could always be called a fluke, if you can back it up with win tonight( Hx indicates doubtful ) we will be making steps in the right direction.

Buzzard in or out, if we win tonight the Joel will be rockin for MD! CP3 will have the place full!

I am prepared for a meltdown, however.

They are giving away free tickets for MD. The LJVM won't be full, win or lose tonight. Apathy has deeply set in for Wake basketball thanks to Wellman and [Redacted].

Regardless how we come out tonight, this guy is not going anywhere. The Miami win is justification in Wellmens mind that he made the right choice. The "High Rollers" in the Deacon Club that are close to Wellmen are giving him support, you can see and here them on Thursday Night during the "Non Call in Radio Show". They hoop and hollar for this idiot like he is the second coming of Coach K.

Get used to it, Bz is here to stay. I am still in shock this is our Coach.

They are giving away free tickets for MD. The LJVM won't be full, win or lose tonight. Apathy has deeply set in for Wake basketball thanks to Wellman and [Redacted].

Yup. More of the already purchased tickets will go used as opposed to being empty (i.e. actual attendance will be closer to announced attendance), but few of the out of town and more casual fans we rely on to fill the Joel are just going to jump up and buy a ticket because we manage to win two games in a row.

I'm 51 years old and have been a Wake fan since I was 13. My dream is to see them in a final four before I die which gives me 20+ years presuming I live to a normal life expectancy. Beating every team for the rest of the (regular) season still means we are no where near where we were and where we should be. I despise UNC with all my being. It is an old school hatred that can only be grown over years of living among the tarholian masses. All their ACC titles, their NC's, their #1 rankings, Dean the veg Smith being worshiped as a god and we, with this coach are talking about a road win against FSU. Drink the kool aid if you choose, maybe it eases the pain, but I have seen great Wake teams with heart, talent and leadership and we are so far away from that now. I'm buzzout because I love Wake Forest sports. I'm not an alum, just a kid who grew up off Jonestown Rd in a development called Somerset, who picked his team because of great players, great coaching and the desire to beat the hated Dean Smith teams and they did. Go Deacs (and get a new AD and coach)

Last edited:
I'm 51 years old and have been a Wake fan since I was 13. My dream is to see them in a final four before I die which gives me 20+ years presuming I live to a normal life expectancy. Beating every team for the rest of the season still means we are no where near where we were and where we should be. I despise UNC with all my being. It is an old school hatred that can only be grown over years of living among the tarholian masses. All their ACC titles, their NC's, their #1 rankings, Dean the veg Smith being worshiped as a god and we, with this coach are talking about a road win against FSU. Drink the kool aid if you choose, maybe it eases the pain, but I have seen great Wake teams with heart, talent and leadership and we are so far away from that now. I'm buzzout because I love Wake Forest sports. I'm not an alum, just a kid who grew up off Jonestown Rd in a development called Somerset, who picked his team because of great players, great coaching and the desire to beat the hated Dean Smith teams and they did. Go Deacs (and get a new AD and coach)

Pretty sure if we beat every team we played for the rest of the season we'd be National Champions

I'm 51 years old and have been a Wake fan since I was 13. My dream is to see them in a final four before I die which gives me 20+ years presuming I live to a normal life expectancy. Beating every team for the rest of the season still means we are no where near where we were and where we should be. I despise UNC with all my being. It is an old school hatred that can only be grown over years of living among the tarholian masses. All their ACC titles, their NC's, their #1 rankings, Dean the veg Smith being worshiped as a god and we, with this coach are talking about a road win against FSU. Drink the kool aid if you choose, maybe it eases the pain, but I have seen great Wake teams with heart, talent and leadership and we are so far away from that now. I'm buzzout because I love Wake Forest sports. I'm not an alum, just a kid who grew up off Jonestown Rd in a development called Somerset, who picked his team because of great players, great coaching and the desire to beat the hated Dean Smith teams and they did. Go Deacs (and get a new AD and coach)

You have eight more years of potential agony...79 is the number now :)

Is every game the biggest of Bzz's tenure? Going into Saturday, it was the "biggest" because if he was able to get an upset win, it would "guarentee" he would probably be back next year. Now tonight is the "biggest" game so Bzz can see if he can win a big game on the road after beating a highly ranked team at home 3 days before. I am firmly Bzzout still by the way.

bcobbdeacs, not ripping you personally, just something I have noticed more and more on here.

Beedeacfans, we need more like you. Keep up the good fight!

The two biggest games in this era are his first and his last. The rest are just stumbling on a treadmill.

We have come to the point where every game is a referendum on the likelihood that Bz will be back next year. It's been that way most of the year, and will continue until the final loss of the season. Fans rail against the performance and howl at the moon. The cynic will observe that none of it really matters.

I think you just confirmed that I am a cynic. But I'll still prolly rail against what will be a horrible combined performance by both teams if we turn in our usual road performance and FSU plays like they have most of the season. I actually think we have a better chance in this 1 than we do MD at home b/c FSU has been awful and MD has more match-up problems for us.

Back