• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest game of Bzzz era tonight?

Is every game the biggest of Bzz's tenure? Going into Saturday, it was the "biggest" because if he was able to get an upset win, it would "guarentee" he would probably be back next year. Now tonight is the "biggest" game so Bzz can see if he can win a big game on the road after beating a highly ranked team at home 3 days before. I am firmly Bzzout still by the way.

bcobbdeacs, not ripping you personally, just something I have noticed more and more on here.

Yeah, I always thought BC was our Super Bowl. I mean, we have so many biggest games of the year now that I'm all confused. How can a losing team have so many biggest games? The other thing I wonder is how FSU can be such a "big game" when they're a 14-13, 6-8 team. It's a distant memory, but in searching the deep recesses of my mind, I seem to recall a time when a big game for us was when we were in the top-25 playing another top-25 team. Or when we were in the NCAA Tourney.

Am I off base in thinking that Wellman has successfully gotten us to change the definitions of what words used to mean? He's like Big Brother. We should call him Big Brother Wellman. Or BBW for short.

Not off base at all. Like the tag says, lowered expectations. We're not an athletic program that desires to compete for championships because our leadership and fans aren't aggressively trying to compete for championships.

Not off base at all. Like the tag says, lowered expectations. We're not an athletic program that desires to compete for championships because our leadership and fans aren't aggressively trying to compete for championships.

Actually don't we have a whole thread going on the CBI tourny. Maybe we're shooting for a championship there?

Is today Tuesday? This is going to be huuuuuge!

If the biggest game of your 'Era' as the coach in the ACC is against a bad Florida state team then he's got major issues... Which we all know. It's just pathetic.

Historically speaking, Wake losing to some of the scrubs that we've lost to under Bz is much more of an anomaly than beating a #2 team.

In the words of the great Bunk Moreland, "Makes me sick, motherfucker, how far we done fell."

If we are going to win a road ACC game his year, tonight is the night.

Definitely the biggest game of the Bzz era.

FSU is going to come out like mad dogs looking to avenge that embarrassment we handed them at the Joel. That plus the general Bzz inability to win on the road makes this a 10+ point FSU victory. I hope I am wrong and that the team finally gets over the road hump.

I wish this prognostication stuff was harder.

Oh noes! Does this mean we won't make the CBI tourney? But, but...RW wanted post-season play and success. I wanted the Deacs to win the CBI!!! Our dreams are dashed! Thanks a lot, bzzzkill.

That's every wake fans' dream- to make to the CBI. What the hell does it stand for? C_ollege B_asketball teams that can't make it I_nto a real tournament.

You just got Bz'd.

20100411__Colorado-Texas-A-M-Basketball~p1_200.jpg

Shock. blown out on the road again.

So let's get rid of this clown.

I think football season ticket renewal time is the perfect opportunity for us to flex our muscles and get rid of Buzz. When I got my email, I replied that I would not buy any tickets or give anything to the Deacon Club until Buzz is gone. I cced Ron Wellman as well. No ticket sales/no donations = No BUZZ. Not only go we not need to buy tickets or donate but the university needs to know why as well. I urge everyone else to do the same.

Back