• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Biggest Reform EVER passed thread

Outhustled, Pamla goes back to quasi-troll

Clever way of making a point != trolling.

As to your "not rich" point. I previously didn't recall where you lived, but if you have the means to live in the suburbs of the 3rd largest city in the country and your house is worth double the median home price in the united states, I'd say that yes, you qualify under most metrics as "being rich."

Lol no not rich at all. You will see when you have kids and buy a home.

We pay a shit ton of property tax. We don’t mind at all, we get terrific services for those tax dollars. This bill would not allow us to write that tax off.

Still, which point are you trying to make? You said we all get a tax break.

Lol no not rich at all. You will see when you have kids and buy a home.

We pay a shit ton of property tax. We don’t mind at all, we get terrific services for those tax dollars. This bill would not allow us to write that tax off.

Still, which point are you trying to make? You said we all get a tax break.

I said most all get a tax break, the numbers earlier prove that, it's like 90% of the country. Just not the rich with a house and kids in the big cities.

Oh I see so I’m supposed to be happy that the cockamamie Republican supply-siders wrote a bill to give (actual) rich people a tax break by having an upper middle class family of 5 with a house pay for it, not to mention grad students and sick people. Awesome

Why can’t the (actual) rich people pay for a tax cut to the brackets below them? I know, its because this bill is a piece of shit trickle-down jerk off with some afterthought crumbs to the middle class and a lot of repeating the words “Tax cut” by a TV pitchman that vacant rubes clap along to.

Be smarter

Oh I see so I’m supposed to be happy that the cockamamie Republican supply-siders wrote a bill to give (actual) rich people a tax break by having an upper middle class family of 5 with a house pay for it, not to mention grad students and sick people. Awesome

Why can’t the (actual) rich people pay for a tax cut to the brackets below them? I know, its because this bill is a piece of shit trickle-down jerk off with some afterthought crumbs to the middle class and a lot of repeating the words “Tax cut” by a TV pitchman that vacant rubes clap along to.

Be smarter

well the senate plan doesn't even hurt the college graduates and it helps 90% of the country. I assumed given your principled indignation you'd support that, but I suppose your principles go out the window when you're in the 10% that gets hurt.

No it gives the illusion of helping. Look past the shiny objects and tomfoolery, fanboy.

Why am I and people like me expected to pay for a tax cut to someone who makes twice what I make? Trickle down is a proven con. The crumbs to the middle class aren’t real

Last edited:
No it gives the illusion of helping. Look past the shiny objects and tomfoolery, fanboy.

Why am I and people like me expected to pay for a tax cut to someone who makes twice what I make? Trickle down is a proven con. The crumbs to the middle class aren’t real

Why do you keep assuming I'm looking at shiny objects and tomfoolery. I'm looking at spreadsheets comparing the old tax code to the new tax code.

The whole point is to encourage you to create a business and create some jobs. Most people don't consider a couple hundred bucks a month "crumbs" as you elitist types tend to refer to them on this thread. Shows just how out of touch, or dare I say rich, you are.

Why do you keep assuming I'm looking at shiny objects and tomfoolery. I'm looking at spreadsheets comparing the old tax code to the new tax code.

The whole point is to encourage you to create a business and create some jobs. Most people don't consider a couple hundred bucks a month "crumbs" as you elitist types tend to refer to them on this thread. Shows just how out of touch, or dare I say rich, you are.

You are looking at the federal tax code numbers and ignoring everything else. I just described a scenario where this POS bill punishes a middle class family, and you just call me rich cause a spreadsheet says my federal tax liability is a couple of percentage points lower, but my overall tax bill goes up, and the area I live in has high housing costs.

Further, the crumbs aren’t enough to “go out and start a business” for the middle class, and corporations have openly admitted that they are not going to invest in jobs and wages. We already own a business and create low-wage jobs and make pretty much zero off the business right now, this tax bill is only going to make it harder.

Also, FWIW. Married, 3 kids $450k house in Illionois.... you're about $700 better off under the new plan than the old plan. Actually up to $3,000 more than that if you currently don't even get a child tax credit cause your income is too high.

Current child tax credit is $1,000/yr phasing out at $110k. New one is $1,650/yr phasing out at $500k. As I said, it really only starts affecting people who have really nice houses. Perhaps you should stop looking at the "shiny things"

Last edited:
Was slightly off, adjusted for the prop tax rate of 1.73% on average. Only $200 better off, but rest of the points stand.

I’ll re run the numbers I ran but I came out a couple grand up.

Nevertheless, why are you cheerleading any tax reform that isn’t a more progressive approach targeting the 1% and the .1% to add real value to America, instead of gyrating and twisting to eke out some pittance for hardworking people and perpetuating the worst economic concept ever foisted upon working people? Why, I ask. Why?

I’ll re run the numbers I ran but I came out a couple grand up.

Nevertheless, why are you cheerleading any tax reform that isn’t a more progressive approach targeting the 1% and the .1% to add real value to America, instead of gyrating and twisting to eke out some pittance for hardworking people and perpetuating the worst economic concept ever foisted upon working people? Why, I ask. Why?

Cause I think its kinda cool they can change the tax code and it basically pays off my student loans for me. But holy goalpost changing. Its a pretty darn good bill (assuming you aren't a deficit hawk), most are significantly better off and I'd prefer to help a majority of the people in this country rather than win some partisan talking points debate on a message board.

You keep referring to a couple hundred bucks a month as a pittance or as crumbs. Man, look how elitist you've become. You've become what you hate.

Cause I think its kinda cool they can change the tax code and it basically pays off my student loans for me. But holy goalpost changing. Its a pretty darn good bill (assuming you aren't a deficit hawk), most are significantly better off and I'd prefer to help a majority of the people in this country rather than win some partisan talking points debate on a message board.

You keep referring to a couple hundred bucks a month as a pittance. Man, look how elitist you've become. You are what you hate.

If you really wanted to help the majority of people in this country, you would insist from your representatives that the super-rich are taxed at a higher rate and the middle class is is provided relief from exhorbitant medical and education costs with government services paid for with that money. That infrastructure projects were initiated and private firms would be hired for that work and average Americans get paid. Then average Americans can keep more of their hard-earned money to invest in property, start businesses, save for retirement, etc. Fuck message board points, I’m talking about real shit my brotha. I know you’re trolling but you know I’m right 99% of the time so yeah

If you really wanted to help the majority of people in this country, you would insist from your representatives that the super-rich are taxed at a higher rate and the middle class is is provided relief from exhorbitant medical and education costs with government services paid for with that money. That infrastructure projects were initiated and private firms would be hired for that work and average Americans get paid. Then average Americans can keep more of their hard-earned money to invest in property, start businesses, save for retirement, etc. Fuck message board points, I’m talking about real shit my brotha. I know you’re trolling but you know I’m right 99% of the time so yeah

Yes, I should turn down a couple hundred bucks a month that helps 90% of americans according to all numbers so that we can make the same argument that we've tried and failed to get through for 30 years. Real smart. Need JHMD to come in with his learning about how elections work spiel.

Back