• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard feature in W-SJ today

Apparently, the entire Civil War has been condensed to one sentence. Southerners have ADHD. The war had nothing to do with Stonewall Jackson dying at Chancellorsville or about 100 other contributing
factors. Nope. To hell with professional historians. It was all summarized here sports fans!

As far as I'm concerned, joeyd has really made things quite clear for us folks who've witnessed a complete implosion of our athletic program and dare question YEARS of sucktitude. It's all ADHD.

Who knew?

[Redacted] goes 25-10 this year, the freshmen, who are very talented, improve,

Wait. We will only win 25 games this year because of Miles Overton and an injured Greg McClinton?

I think this guy clearly knows his stuff.

Joey also thinks that our players have been disenfranchised.

Another gem that he just posted, and I swear this is real...

"But a good example of disenfranchisement in college basketball is Michigan's fab 5."

What does that mean?

He said he knew this year's schedule would be tough when we were losing to Colgate at halftime.

Besides rating Grobe over Vidovich (no, no, no, no, no), I think my favorite part of that diatribe of nonsense was his "IF" scenario of basketball going 25-10 this season.

Joey - I will give you 100-1 odds that we don't win 25 games this season. You can't beat 100-1 odds!

Love,
your e-friend

I'd give you 200-1 we don't win 25 games. My number we will win is 18. My number we should win based on schedule and talent is 20. I don't think 22 is out of the realm of possibility.

But the exact number wasn't the point. The point was you guys have put yourselves in a position with no outs. If [Redacted] has a successful season, given what's happened so far this season around the league, is not outside the realm of possibility and this year's freshmen class lifts the football program just a little bit then you guys don't have a leg to stand on.

What happens then? That's why the attack on the athletic program in general instead of the basketball coach in particular was bad judgment. There has a fall back plan. You can't burn the bridges down as you cross them. You may need to retreat back across them.

Jesus, dude. We're fans. We don't need "a fallback plan." This isn't Axis and Allies.

There has a fall back plan. You can't burn the bridges down as you cross them. You may need to retreat back across them.

Who plans to retreat? Scorched Earth take no prisoners!

Jesus, dude. We're fans. We don't need "a fallback plan." This isn't Axis and Allies.

Yep. If we have a successful season then we will be happy because our team did well. joeyd has to be the dumbest AD plant we've had.

Wake Forest Way = Understand that you cannot win, but try valiantly and with honor. Again, however, realize that losing in inevitable.

It's a great lesson to teach our students.

"I’m disappointed we’re not winning more games,” Budd said, “but my confidence in Ron Wellman and the leadership has never been stronger. My frustration with the fan base has never been weaker.”

I dont' think that is what he meant to say.

Football going 8-4.

HAHAHAHA....

Besides rating Grobe over Vidovich (no, no, no, no, no), I think my favorite part of that diatribe of nonsense was his "IF" scenario of basketball going 25-10 this season.

Joey - I will give you 100-1 odds that we don't win 25 games this season. You can't beat 100-1 odds!

Love,
your e-friend

I'd give you 200-1 we don't win 25 games. My number we will win is 18. My number we should win based on schedule and talent is 20. I don't think 22 is out of the realm of possibility.

But the exact number wasn't the point. The point was you guys have put yourselves in a position with no outs. If [Redacted] has a successful season, given what's happened so far this season around the league, is not outside the realm of possibility and this year's freshmen class lifts the football program just a little bit then you guys don't have a leg to stand on.

What happens then? That's why the attack on the athletic program in general instead of the basketball coach in particular was bad judgment. There has a fall back plan. You can't burn the bridges down as you cross them. You may need to retreat back across them.

If we end up having a great season, my guess is we will react like the Carolina fans that burned Dean Smith in effigy; we'll celebrate our success and say "good job coach!"

So if Jeff [Redacted] finally achieves the bottom rung on the ladder of mediocrity (IN YEAR FOUR) that is somehow supposed to be evidence that we are wrong about Buzz? Get real! The biggest fear I have is that this LOSER will get lucky, achieve mediocrity, and be given a lifetime contract by his crony buddy Wellman.

BuzzOUT! till he's gone...
WellmanOUT! and the sooner the better...

Back