• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard feature in W-SJ today

The point was you guys have put yourselves in a position with no outs. If [Redacted] has a successful season, given what's happened so far this season around the league, is not outside the realm of possibility and this year's freshmen class lifts the football program just a little bit then you guys don't have a leg to stand on.

I fail to follow your lack of logic.

So if Jeff [Redacted] finally achieves the bottom rung on the ladder of mediocrity (IN YEAR FOUR) that is somehow supposed to be evidence that we are wrong about Buzz? Get real! The biggest fear I have is that this LOSER will get lucky, achieve mediocrity, and be given a lifetime contract by his crony buddy Wellman.

Exactly. And then we hit the rest button and start all over again when this 8 man class of mid-level ACC talent graduates. This is what joeyd is referring to as success.

What area of the wake athletic dept does joeyd work in? My money's on development with his talent of spinning information to donors.

What happens then? That's why the attack on the athletic program in general instead of the basketball coach in particular was bad judgment. There has a fall back plan. You can't burn the bridges down as you cross them. You may need to retreat back across them.

Well, who am I to argue military tactics with such a clear expert historian of the Civil War?

The mere fact that joeyd could be employed by anyone, much less my alma mater, is serious cause for concern.

I'd give you 200-1 we don't win 25 games. My number we will win is 18. My number we should win based on schedule and talent is 20. I don't think 22 is out of the realm of possibility.

But the exact number wasn't the point. The point was you guys have put yourselves in a position with no outs. If [Redacted] has a successful season, given what's happened so far this season around the league, is not outside the realm of possibility and this year's freshmen class lifts the football program just a little bit then you guys don't have a leg to stand on.

What happens then? That's why the attack on the athletic program in general instead of the basketball coach in particular was bad judgment. There has a fall back plan. You can't burn the bridges down as you cross them. You may need to retreat back across them.

It's pretty unlikely the football team is better next year than this year.

[Redacted] goes 25-10 this year, the freshmen, who are very talented, improve, football team goes 8-4 next year. The basketball team coming off better than expected season is now loaded with upperclassmen and capable of beating any one in the country. Both flagship programs are flying high, with Bzz, Grobe, Wellman and Casstevens still in place. Turns out Wellman was right. What then?

Nothing happens then because there is a 0 percent chance this happens.

What happens if we win the national championship in every sport we play bro? Yeah, it's the same discussion cuz it ain't happening.

Given the amount of attention that the billboards got due to Haas signing with Purdue; and given the amount of ire it has drawn from the BuzzIdiots; what is the lesson we need to learn from this experience? If Wellman keeps Buzz for another year, should we get the names of the players that Buzz is recruiting and go put up a billboard near each of their homes?

That would be COLD. But I mean, if you truly believe in scorched earth?

Truth is, I'm not ready to go there... yet. But if that no good, POS, loser, jackass is brought back for another year, I just might be willing to go that far.

Last edited:
Besides rating Grobe over Vidovich (no, no, no, no, no), I think my favorite part of that diatribe of nonsense was his "IF" scenario of basketball going 25-10 this season.

Joey - I will give you 100-1 odds that we don't win 25 games this season. You can't beat 100-1 odds!

Love,
your e-friend

I'd give you 200-1 we don't win 25 games. My number we will win is 18. My number we should win based on schedule and talent is 20. I don't think 22 is out of the realm of possibility.

But the exact number wasn't the point. The point was you guys have put yourselves in a position with no outs. If [Redacted] has a successful season, given what's happened so far this season around the league, is not outside the realm of possibility and this year's freshmen class lifts the football program just a little bit then you guys don't have a leg to stand on.

Total deja vu on this exact argument. Maybe from another board though.

If you are walking up a flight of stairs, trip and plant your face five steps above your feet, you did not successfully walk up those five steps - even though technically you did reach that step.

That is how I'll feel if we win 18 this season.

This place reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy" where all the stupid people keep telling the smart guy how stupid he is...

"He tried to ruin the country by pouring toilet water on crops"

Uggh

Your most successful campaign, the one that had the ACC issuing disclaimers. The one that had press coverage from every major sports publication. The one that forced Ron Wellman to spend a day doing press conferences defending his choice. Which one of you geniuses came up with that one?

I mean it was purely a stroke of genius. Think about it. The preview issue of the ACC Tournament in host town's newspaper. The one every fan from every school would pick up Thursday morning. The one that every sportswriter that covers ACC hoops for anyone in the nation would read. The front sports page that was plastered all around the Greensboro Coliseum. That guy was a mastermind, who was he?

Was it Brian Stratton late on the Monday night before the ACC tournament? You think it was his idea? Do you remember Stratton mentioning a large silent donor as you were trying to get your paypal account setup?

Hmm I wonder who Strat was talking to before he came here that night. Strat paid half the Thursday run because it was due before the fundraising operation was setup. I wonder who paid for the other half to the N&R... (I bet it was the marketing genius)

You guys consider yourselves pretty good detectives... sniffed out Casstevens, found my actual name, linked my facebook page, listed my employer, etc. why don't you try to find that guy?

I was buzzout before #buzzout was coined. My buzzout birthdate is November 12, 2010 at 8:30pm when I realized we were about to lose to Stetson.

I'm as #buzzout as any one here. I'm just not stupid enough to fire random shots at everyone when I have a single target.

Last edited:
The shots are at Wellman and everybody who allows him to stay employed.

I'm a big joeyd fan. I'm #PalmaOut #TeamJoey #WheresMiley #TransferTheFunds

Back