• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard feature in W-SJ today

Well, the cat is out of the bag, I guess. Joey and the older Stratt (unsure of the younger) are good friends. Good friends disagree sometimes.

For instance, I have declared Joey my e-friend this week, and I disagree with him on many subjects; including what caused the South to lose the Civil War. It might have been ADHD, but I just don't think that was the reason.

I also don't think that Michigan's Fab 5 were disenfranchised...ever. But Joey says that they were. Here is his reasoning:

Watch the ESPN special on the Fab 5. Jalen Rose explains it far better than I can. Essentially the University has erased them from school history.

Well, the cat is out of the bag, I guess. Joey and the older Stratt (unsure of the younger) are good friends. Good friends disagree sometimes.

For instance, I have declared Joey my e-friend this week, and I disagree with him on many subjects; including what caused the South to lose the Civil War. It might have been ADHD, but I just don't think that was the reason.

I also don't think that Michigan's Fab 5 were disenfranchised...ever. But Joey says that they were. Here is his reasoning:

They aren't good friends. Joey helped us a little with the Greensboro N&R ads. We have cut all ties with him. He didnt want us going after wellman. We cut him lose then. He has gone off the deep end.

They aren't good friends. Joey helped us a little with the Greensboro N&R ads. We have cut all ties with him. He didnt want us going after wellman. We cut him lose then. He has gone off the deep end.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I understood that situation incorrectly.

fallback plan? If football and basketball started winning then the fan disgruntlement would stop and Wellman would look like the smartest guy in the room. Call me when that happens.

fallback plan? If football and basketball started winning then the fan disgruntlement would stop and Wellman would look like the smartest guy in the room. Call me when that happens.

Nope. At that point we protest protesting.

We're not gonna protest.
We're not gonna protest!
We're NOT gonna protest!
WE'RE NOT GONNA PROTEST
WE'RE NOT GONNA PROTEST

pcu.jpg

This place reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy" where all the stupid people keep telling the smart guy how stupid he is...

"He tried to ruin the country by pouring toilet water on crops"

Uggh

Your most successful campaign, the one that had the ACC issuing disclaimers. The one that had press coverage from every major sports publication. The one that forced Ron Wellman to spend a day doing press conferences defending his choice. Which one of you geniuses came up with that one?

I mean it was purely a stroke of genius. Think about it. The preview issue of the ACC Tournament in host town's newspaper. The one every fan from every school would pick up Thursday morning. The one that every sportswriter that covers ACC hoops for anyone in the nation would read. The front sports page that was plastered all around the Greensboro Coliseum. That guy was a mastermind, who was he?

Was it Brian Stratton late on the Monday night before the ACC tournament? You think it was his idea? Do you remember Stratton mentioning a large silent donor as you were trying to get your paypal account setup?

Hmm I wonder who Strat was talking to before he came here that night. Strat paid half the Thursday run because it was due before the fundraising operation was setup. I wonder who paid for the other half to the N&R... (I bet it was the marketing genius)

You guys consider yourselves pretty good detectives... sniffed out Casstevens, found my actual name, linked my facebook page, listed my employer, etc. why don't you try to find that guy?

I was buzzout before #buzzout was coined. My buzzout birthdate is November 12, 2010 at 8:30pm when I realized we were about to lose to Stetson.

I'm as #buzzout as any one here. I'm just not stupid enough to fire random shots at everyone when I have a single target.

After reading your comments to this Journal article I do have my doubts as to your loyalties.....but if you are Bz out OK, hope you are Well Man out as he is the culprit who needs to go first!

Patti Petree, one of three generations of her family to graduate from Wake Forest, cringed when the topic came up. She voiced her disapproval of a digital billboard — just off Business I-40 in Winston-Salem — that called for the dismissal of Athletics Director Ron Wellman.

"I don’t like it,” she said. “That’s not the Wake Forest Way.

Can someone please explain what in the hell "The Wake Forest Way" means?

For me, as it pertains to firing coaches, "the Wake Forest way" means actually having defined expectations and not meeting them, requiring the AD to take action with solid evidentiary support that it explains to fans and makes sense. As it pertains to hiring coaches, "the Wake Forest way" means that the hire will not likely be a young coach without experience unless that coach was part of the staff of his successor or has ties to WF. The hire will more likely be a coach that has had a lot of success in a non-BCS conference and is entering or in the prime of his career. As it pertains to fans, "the Wake Forest way" means that the ceiling for voicing concerns about WF sports teams is to relay them to reporters.

Regarding the instant matter, Wellman arguably did not do things "the Wake Forest way" when he fired Dino. He certainly did not do things "the Wake Forest way" when he hired [Redacted]. The domino effect of this caused fans to not do things "the Wake Forest way" in voicing concerns about the state of our basketball program.

This is obviously limited to revenue sports, I have no idea what it means outside of football and basketball.

Anyone listening to or speaking with Gator fans today? The fact that half their team is in the hospital and that they're down to their 3rd string QB is irrelevant. Their recent past history in football is irrelevant. Losing to UGA again and then the Ga Southern debacle (beat Fla without throwing a pass) has them fuming about replacing everyone from the waterboy to the AD and anyone who dares stand by the current administration.

I'm curious what the "sit back and be happy, it's the Wake 'way'" morons have to say about the rumblings in Gator Country.

After an embarrassing home loss to Vanderbilt two weeks ago, annoyed Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley felt compelled to publicly come out “1000 percent” in support of football coach Will Muschamp’s return for next season.

Well, that show of extraordinary loyalty in the face of howling criticism from Gator nation will now have Foley backed up against the wall.

Under no injury circumstances can Florida unravel like it did Saturday, losing 26-20 to a pedestrian Football Championship Subdivision team like Georgia Southern. That should never happen.

This wasn’t the late Erk Russell’s Eagles, a one-time Division I-AA power, that slayed the Gators in their own house. This was a middle-of-the-pack Southern Conference team that lost 38-14 to 4-8 Appalachian State.

In the aftermath of UF’s sixth consecutive loss, easily the worst in program history, Muschamp spouted the same tiresome explanations for the Gators’ malaise. He talked about how his team struggles to score points every week, adding: “My job is to get it fixed, and we will get it fixed.”

Sorry, but that sales job looks more like a coach with no answers on how the Gators can be repaired. It certainly doesn’t look fixable by next year, by which time Muschamp will already be sitting on the hottest seat in the country. That is, if Foley doesn’t succumb to the rising public criticism, call an audible, and dismiss his coach after Florida State ends UF’s miserable season in a rout on Saturday.

The problem with retaining Muschamp after the latest debacle is there’s little evidence of hope on the horizon. Florida has a pitiful offense that nobody wants to watch. Muschamp, with a 22-15 record in his third season, admitted recently that his team had a “woe-is-me attitude.” On top of that, boos and empty seats are increasing at Florida Field.

Losing at home in the same month to Vanderbilt and Georgia Southern is 100 times worse than Ron Zook falling on the road at Mississippi State, which got him fired midway through the 2004 season.

Foley has a huge mess on his hands. He either has to go back on his word and fire Muschamp, or stick with a coach that appears lost for answers.

The noise in the system is deafening. Hiring Muschamp is looking more and more like Foley’s Folly.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400617/gene-frenette/2013-11-23/keeping-muschamp-getting-harder-gators-justify

So [Redacted] > Muschamp? I'm not even going to apples/apples and compare Grobe and Muschamp. Let's just look at what's got the two fanbases grumbling. Their coaches in the sports they're used to seeing greater historical success. Anything above sound familiar???

Back