• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Billboard Up Today

Given that I paid for like 12% of this thing, give a brother a heads up before it goes up!

and given that the 12% you contributed came out of the money you owe townie, then TOWNIE owns a portion of this billboard too

The general population doesn't understand director's cup so we changed it to overall athletic performance. Had we put Director's Cup on it, most of you would have flamed us for putting that on there.

The stats are on there to justify the firing. Just saying "Fire Wellman" doesn't show how bad things are.

Ph has put together a press release. That will go out as well.

You guys should probably just donate the rest of the money to charity at this point. Or light it on fire.

Seriously. Never, ever, ever again if this is what you're bringing to the table.

yfBMj62.png

this is my favorite thread.

All those "up" years on the graph were also under Wellman's reign. Using that data you could say we are in a down spell but we'll come back under ron's leadership, like we have before.

Not saying that is a reasonable position, but one somewhat supported by the data shown.

Welp reading this thread is definitely going to get me fired.

Time for another brief boards hiatus.

The general population doesn't understand director's cup so we changed it to overall athletic performance. Had we put Director's Cup on it, most of you would have flamed us for putting that on there.

The stats are on there to justify the firing. Just saying "Fire Wellman" doesn't show how bad things are.

The Director's Cup rankings are an actual measure, "Overall Athletic Performance" doesn't mean anything. The stats aren't there to justify anything based on the billboard you posted, it is as subjective as this graph:

trans.jsp

No. The title tells what is in the chart. The press knows Director's Cup = Athletic performance. When you just put athletic performance in the title, it's unclear what measure is used. The strength of the chart is that it uses a standard, generally accepted measure of athletic department performance that's easy to find and reasonably easy to understand. It's even called the "Director's Cup" after the job title of the subject of the billboard.

In all seriousness Stratts/PH/whoever, is there any plan to mention Casstevens? I think that would resonate with the local community.

Why the fuck did you choose a stat & a time line that shows that Wellman did fine for an entire decade (2000-2009) before three bad years

All those "up" years on the graph were also under Wellman's reign. Using that data you could say we are in a down spell but we'll come back under ron's leadership, like we have before.

Not saying that is a reasonable position, but one somewhat supported by the data shown.

I'm not sure how many people can get away with "I've been steadily worse at my job for 6 years, but trust me and I'll turn it around."

Back